AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

BTYH: spin-off

I feel I am at about 60% of my usual self.
Still having hard time eating solid food but slowly gainning strength back. I need to quickly get to the point where I will be able to do some excercises. Spending too much time in bed can not be good for anyone. Thank god for pain medications available today.

The truth is that I did not really appreciate the underlying business of Paincare (PRZ). I simply saw the value and made money on it. The fact that PRZ somehow has to continue "Paincare" services to individuals in order to continue making money - did not sit well with me. Think about it for a moment: why would any business send customers away quickly, voluntarily? The more pain you have, the better business it is for me. Well, I may be getting a little out of line here. But, now that I have constant pain for a while, I appreciate "Pain Management". Hold onto your PRZ shares. We will make our double in a year or so.

Here is the news on BTYH:
On February 1, 2007, Bad Toys Holdings, Inc. distributed seventy-five percent (75%) of the common stock of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Southland Health Services, Inc. ("Southland"), to the Company's stockholders as a dividend (the "Spin-Off"). In the aggregate, 21,111,521 shares were distributed in the Spin-Off at a ratio of 0.9825 shares of the common stock of Southland for each share of the Company's common stock issued and outstanding as of the record date of January 31, 2007.

The BTYH shares trading now represent only 25% of the value of Southland division. You do the math. My math tells me we are doing just fine. The bare minimum price of Southland shares will be $1 but I would not be surprised if it is well above that. Hold on guys.

As I have said before, this is not the time to buy shares. Let's wait for better entry point in a few weeks. In the mean time, we need to look for targets and study them carefully. Here is the list I am currently working on:
IRBT / SFUN / ASFI / MTLK / JDSU / LVLT
You may look into some of these and send me your thoughts.
I am willing to enter a position if above stocks get 10-20% discount from current price.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have good feeling about ASPV and bought quite a bit of it last 2 weeks.
They will have conference call tomorrow and anounce that their sales and earnings in 06 were 3 and 5 times bigger then 05!!! The price is down for this period!

P/E is 6!
No debt!!!
Insiders don't sell it.
Institutions bought 20% more

What do you guys think?

Ivan

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know a hole lots about the stock market but I won 350$ on superbowl so as you can see I am very smarts and have good potential to buy good stocks. Here is my questions: 1.) Can you tell me the book I need to read that tells me everything you know and everything I need to know for hte stock market. Or can you write me the book and email it to me. and 2.) Can you sum up in 1 sentance or less everything you know or everythign I need to know to be rich in the stock market.
p.S. i WON'T tell anyone else, its just between us.

Your Friend,
Ross P.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Ivan:
I am quite familier with ASPV. This is another value play. The reason price isn't going up is because YTY EPS comparison do not look too good. I feel however, ASPV is a good bet for any portfolio. I will consider it for our portfolio as well. Thanks.

Ross:
Read my new post for answers.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home