AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sold: XMSR

I have not been well the last few days.
The long trip and my chemo therapy is obviously taking a toll on my body. My last communication was on last Thursday. Please excuse me until I get back to myself again. Right now, I am on a pain medication called Percocett (awsome drug I might add). Tomorrow I am scheduled to see my Urologist - the stent that was placed in my kidney is giving me pain as well. Let's just say that I am not feeling too hot lately ...

Everyone is interested in my views on BTYH.
This is my game plan: Since this stock became the largest in size in our portfolio, I will be trimming back soon. I will be selling about half of my position in January before the actual spin-off. I am hoping to get mid to high dollar range for this sale. After the spin-off, I feel that the stock will fall in price before resuming again. Another words, we can get better price later. Most of you will be able to sell this with near double - so let's not get greedy. There is only one comparable public stock: Rural Metro (RURL). Although current PE number is shown as 110x, the forward PE is only 12x at current price. As you know, the forward PE is what's most important. Anyway, the bottom line is this: I am not crazy about ambulance business. Let's get our quick profit and move on for better growth story.

GDX is getting major attention from the investors. I think gold is setting itself up for another move toward a new high. As I have said before, Gold (GDX) has a place in anyone's porfolio. If you prefer stand-alone mining stock I would suggest GG or KGC.

If anyone wish me to talk more about a specific stock in our portfolio, please use the comment section below. I will answer all questions. I just don't have the energy to go over everyone right now. Pray for my fast recovery if you want to see my consistant views on the market.

P.S: Our recent entry into QID is working out just fine. Oh, I got out of XMSR at $15.85 after my last blog entry - nowhere near the $16.45 on Thursday but that was all I can get on Friday. But let's not get upset with +23% gain in two (2) months. We may revisit this one again ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jaewoo,

It is really good to see you back! I got addicted to your posts.

I have a question about RURL. It has:

Trailing P/E: 113.86
Forward P/E (fye 30-Jun-08) 1: 12.85

At the same time Earnings Est:
for 07 are 0.50
for 08 are 0.62

What is going on with those numbers? I wonder if this is some sort of mistake?

Ivan

1:22 AM  
Blogger Sonderval said...

Thanks for your thoughts on BTYH. I hope you feel better soon!

My warmest regards!

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home