AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Holidays !

Guys and gals:

This will be my last blog before leaving tomorrow morning to Japan & Korea. Our family (including Ace, my son) will spend three days in Toyko, Japan during Christmas and two weeks in Seoul, Korea. This will be a nice needed vacation for all of us.

I will be back on January 10th, 2007.
Whatever thoughts you have, please leave it in the comment section below. I will try to answer them as frequently as I can. Several stocks (in our portfolio) had given back gains lately and our yearend performance won't be as beautiful as I thought it would be. But I do feel very comfortable with our soilders looking into 2007.

Have a beautiful holiday season and may your family have a happy, healthy New Year! For your information, 2007 is the year of the "Golden Pig". Just know that this is a good karma. 2007 will bring many new, exciting ideas for you and me. Take care ...

P.S: Jo, I use GDX instead of GLD because of the leverage it provides. Although GDX has short history, if gold were to go up (we are in a multi-year gold bull market now, we are just resting a little here) GDX will go up much, much more than gold (vice versa). Similar to EXPE versus EXPEZ. I am constantly looking for leverage on my money (the main reason real estate is considered a good investment is because the leverage it provides - only 10% down). I am not interested in the "physical" gold - gold coin sellers to tell you otherwise : ) Don't listen to them and all the talk about how the world will end soon, dollar will free fall, USA will go under etc etc.
Gus, you have a wonderful holiday too!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays,
I was wondering why you think we are in a bull market after a small correction. With housing market going down, oil price high , and most of the people not able to use equity from their homes.
I would have thought the nasdaq will probably touch 1900 in the first 6 months of 2007.
Your opinion as a MBA is more valuable than my thoughts with MD.
With rapid advances in Medicine we want you to be around for long time so we can read your blogs. I am getting addicted to them.
Gus
.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae- Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. I was wondering what your thoughts were on a stock similar to RICK. The symbol is NOOF. They produce and market adult movies and have less overhead than a company like RICK.
Terry

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Acetrader, typing from a cafe in Korea:

Terry: I have looked into NOOF the first time you mentioned it. No, I am not interested in NOOF. No growth story here. It can get lucky and do well perhaps, but the overall business plan is weak. Not at all similar to RICK story. BTW, RICK will show earnings tomorrow. Do not look at the EPS numbers only. It will mislead everyone. Instead, look at the revenue growth numbers. (One time expenses of opening a club is not important).

Gus: Most people have the similar view as you stated. But the smart money says otherwise. Stock prices discount about 6-9 months in advance. 2007 will be a good year for our economy - we will not see many potential disasters that people are talking about. I will lay my thoughts regarding 2007 in my future blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are always welcome...

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae-
I was listening to a couple of market strategists yesterday who gave their opinion on how the stock market would do next year. One said that the S&P was up only 8% from where it was 6 years ago, yet in that same time period average earnings for companies in the S&P were up an aggregate of around 130%. The other guy said that he has heard opinions from 19 different analysts, all who predicted the market would go up in 07'. That being said, he thought there was too much optimism and the market would go down. Your thoughts?

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae:

If you pick this up in Korea, please check your earthlink.net e-mail or call me.

From Korea, you can dial +81-80-1048-4880.

Today is Saturday, Dec 30th

Thanks,
Johnny

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae,

This is John. It was nice to hear you're doing well. I'm Excited about the treatments you are getting. One more week of treatments will do you good.

While you were gone, I was flying solo, but managed to run some good trades.

I bought 5000 more Rick at 5.70 area and sold at 6.85 area in about 2 days. I still have 5000 left and order to sell at 7.20 with avg cost of 6.10

bought 10000 PRZ at 1.05 and sold next trading day at 1.14

I received a dividend on gdx and qid, but gdx's been a disaster. I'm out at 39.90 to cut my loss. its now 36.80, I had 2000 shares, thank god.

Shorted AAPL 1500 shares @ 85.27 almost day high- and covered 84.80, not much gain, but it was a perfect move that day.

Long AKAM 2000 shares at 52.50 and out 53.27, in an hour.

I also bought this new company On Two. ONT. I have 10000- shares at 1.26. Bought 10000 CMGI at 1.34 today

For the most part, I stayed away on qqqq's, but I had a beautiful QID trade. Two days ago, we saw a 50 point drop from the high on nasdaq.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae-

After looking at some long candidates,I decided to add to my ONT and CMGI positions. Now 20,000 shares each with avg cost of 1.26 ONT and 1.32 CMGI. And I bought 10,000 PRZ again at 1.08.

IDWD's been a pain, no news for a month. Mr Down's getting a toe surgery... did you hear???

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Acetrader:

Typing in a beautiful cafe in Korea. I am trying to log into my blog account to add news but for some reason I am having trouable doing it. I will keep trying.

My travel plan has been changed.
I will be in Korea for another week. I will be back bt no later than the 17th. See ya then.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae,

I just bought 2,000 shares of Immucore(BLUD). This is for short term trading. Risk to reward at 32.15(my price) with range of 31.75-33.5 exits.

If I was late to the party, this had a good move- but I think there is more mojo. I would love to own this at a better PE, but this seems like a good bet at $25-42 range this year.

John.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jae, this site is uploading slow.. technical issue.

Anyway, big news about BTYH. up more than 30%. Registration to spinoff Southland is effective as of last Friday's close.

Jae saw value in this company for over a year. This was long overdue. Congrats to him and all other troopers for their patience. BIG SHOUT OUT!!! to you guys.

My last sale was back when it was trading at $.86-.88 several months ago. I wanted to make sure they had their act together before I bought it back again. I'll be buying more. We have a running inside joke about Mr.Downs and IDWD. We're not sure if they are completely for real. But for Mr. Nunan BTYH and Eric langan RICk, we are very confident.

For the regulars, give me your thoughts on "BLUD" and "ONT" i appreciate it.

John.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Acetrader:

BTYH suddenly became my largest holding. Go back and read my recent notes. Few days ago, you could have bought BTYH at $0.50 or less! Remember, I kept buying, lowering my average cost. Those who got in, congrats!

John: I like both BLUD and ONT as a long term investment. As a quick trade - you're on your own for now.

Guys & Gals:
My flight is confirmed - I will be back on the 17th of January. I will see you next week...

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jae and gus-

AXR has over 80% short interest against float. Never have i ever seen anything like this. no wonder we couldnt get any shares to short. rick's dec rev came out, as expected it was great a month, but as is usually the case, ricks fall after earnings. i'm be getting ready to get out soon and buy back in the 5's- john

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, BTYH has been excellent the last few days. My exit price was going to be $1, but it seems to be hovering just below that threshold. Once BTYH starts trading ex-dividend, it will probably take a hit, so I'm thinking of jumping ship now. Any more thoughts on BTYH?

Also, Happy new year :)

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jae welcome back. I know you love ETF's I am looking at I shares Brazil fund. any thoughts, or has the recent runup made the timing poor.
Thanx Ross

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home