AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Friday, December 08, 2006

My bad: EXPEZ = $9.48

Two days ago, we sold our last remaining shares of EXPEZ at $7.72/share. To be sure this represented a gain of over +72% in a few months. I have also made it clear that this was simply a valuation move and that I still liked Expedia. Another words, I wanted to buy it back again at lower price. I thought it was fairly valued. When we first bought it, it was definately undervalued.

Guess what, I was a little early.
Expedia company just announced that it will be buying back 30 million shares of its own shares! (this represents about 10% of the total company). Wait just a minute, - the company is spending about $600 million dollars to buy its own shares? They must really think it is worth much more than the current price. Of course, they could not do this when the price was much, much lower (like when we bought it). In any case, this is a fantastic news for the stock holders. Companies do not spend this kind of money without really knowing what they are doing.

Today EXPEZ price jumped to as high as $9.98/share!
Had we sold it at this price, we would have had over +110% gain on our investment. My bad. I was a little early - two days early. Bottom line: If anyone still holds EXPEZ, try to sell it at near $10/share (let me know if you do - you lucky sons of xxx, you).

By the way, you should hope that I keep making these kinds of "+70% in a few months" mistakes. I'd rather be a little early than a little late any time.

Trust me, I feel worse than any one of you.

But still --- my bad.

P.S: I will write about RICK over the weekend. (just buy it).
PPS: PRZ went as high as $1.20/share today. Do I hear anyone complaining? We bought this a few days ago at $1.01/sh. This is only the beginning.

Just read the title of my last blog - yes, I am this good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah. I sold EXPE a day before at $7.40. Good profit anyways. I'm not complaining though. If we could for-see jumps like this, we would all be very very rich :)

-Jo

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICK closed at $5.77 on Friday. Buy more or hold? My avg cost is $6.70. Thanks and keep up the great blog!

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jae,

I'm not sure if you have read this article (5 pages) about MIDS. Just thought i'd let you know if you havnt seen it already.

http://www.allbusiness.com/finance-insurance/1183422-1.html

-Jo

4:42 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo: Thanks for the link. No, I did not see that particular article. It really helps. I will put it in our note tomorrow. Thanks again.
P.S: Aaaaah, EXPEZ ....

Anonymous:
I love your question: Buy more or hold?
How about a sell?
I just bought more at $5.69 on Friday. Read upcoming article.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://oseworeduf.100megsfree5.com/samojoxy.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home