AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Sold: EXPEZ at $7.40 Buy: QID

Now that the Thanksgiving is over, back to business.
By the way, most people forget that the reason we (not only Americans but Asians and other cultures as well) celerbrate Thanksgiving is to give "Thanks to god" for the good harvest we received. People worked hard all year long, sawing the seeds, watering plants, making sure pests do not harm them and finally when the fall season arrives, it is time to harvest. This is the time to collect your earnings. The happy season.

People used to pick the first and the best crops for the table designed to honor god for his blessing. I too, placed my best crops (money) for god the other day at the church. Sharing some of your harvest with the others is generally a fine idea. Give it a try.

Acetrader has decided to "harvest" some of our ripe fruits as well. We sold half of our IGLD with a +80% gain and we have also sold half of our EXPEZ with a +70% gain the other day. Most of our recent buys such as CMGI, STMP, XMSR, may fall some due to market correction but I have decided not to sell these. Especially because these are not the top holdings by size, yet.

So here's a recap:

Sell some now & buy it later at better prices:
IGLD / EXPEZ / NTE
(These are still part of our holdings)

Buy more of these now for future gains:
RICK / BTYH / UTK / AUTO
(If anyone wish to buy something now, these are it)

Hold it if u have it or get it if u don't yet:
STMP / XMSR / MATK / CMGI
(Wait a little to enter at better prices)

Accumulate for potential homerun:
IDWD / MIDS
(Keep adding to these if u dare)

I hope this helps. Happy holidays!

P.S: Please understand that I will be going in & out of the hospital everyday next week. Next Thursday is my "operation" to place a plastic tube (called stent) in my left kidney. If you don't hear from me everyday, do not be concerned (I am still alive). I will try to place at least one sentence if I have to. I know how much you wait for my communication - thanks.

PPS: For the first time in the Acetrader portfolio, we are buying QID. I have just bought QID for our portfolio at $51/share. Mentally, we are going to sell this between $57 - $59/share.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace I love your Auto pick. Whats the deal with IDWD and MIDS? I can't find a whole lot of info on those two.


Thanks,
Maxtrader77

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Max: You're right. These small start-up companies have limited public info. MIDS will produce audited financial in a few quarters. IDWD has fair amount of info at yahoo.finance

Deleted: Wow, advertisers are now invading my comment section to lure you guys into buying their products. I will delete all ads in this space...

Fidelio: All investors already know what you just said. It is already reflected in the share price. It's your call...

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home