AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sold: IGLD $9.50/sh

Tomorrow morning, I will be meeting with the urologist.
Plain and simple; wish me major luck.
It doesn't help anyone if I am lying in the hospital with needles sticking out of me. For one reason or another, god has chosen this road for me to travel. And guess what, I will gladly walk this line until I am absolutely down and out. You know me by now - it's not that easy to put me down. And this is all I have to say, " Let's get it on!"

IDWD: This one is on fire lately. The buying pressure will persist at least until next week. Here's latest:
ORLANDO, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Nov 21, 2006 -- IDS Worldwide, Inc. (Other OTC:IDWD.PK - News) HLS has informed IDS that it will proceed with the tender offer of $2.35 per share for the outstanding shares of IDS common stock following the completion of the spin-off of IDS 995ad.com division. IDS 995ad.com division is a separate asset that is not part of the HLS $2.35 cash buyout of IDS common shares. IDS has received numerous requests to issue the following clarification. Investors purchasing IDS common shares at this time still qualify for both the $2.35 per IDS common share and the 995ad.com spin-off shares.

IGLD: Acetrader sold half of our holdings at $9.50/share (up +80% from our buy). For now, I expect to sell the other half at near $12, next year sometime. However, this needs to take a breather soon too. If it falls too much, I am ready to buy more too.

STMP: Nice jump in price today. A new coverage on Stamp.com was initiated by the First Albany. More coverage is good for us. I feel some of you did not get this one yet. Try your best to own the portfolio instead of buying just one or two that you like.

Traders: Since I will be in the hospital tomorrow, I won't be trading. But, I did short BIDU near the close at $115.97/share. If it move higher, and it might, I will short some more. I expect this to fall by at least $5 or so. Just so you know, BIDU is the Google of China. It is a very promising stock that I think is ready to take a rest. Google jumped today and this followed - and I was watching it and shorted it. Take a look.

P.S: Despite my sell advise, I know that some of you might decide to hold on to IGLD. You may be right or wrong, but know this: "Diversification is the only sure way to success". I say this because many of you only hold some of our shares. Acetraders portfolio never holds more than a dozen or so stocks. Most money managers show a portfolio of 50+ stocks (that's stupid) and they don't even actually own them (crazy). We are very real and copyable. That was the main attraction, wasn't it?

PPS: EXPE has been going up in a hurry and it looks a bit tired. Although this is nowhere near the eventual top, I think it will take a rest too. If you so dare, take some profit on EXPEZ and buy it back later. For most of you, just hold (don't be fancy). EXPEZ will go beyond $10 mark next year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can somebody explain me how come IDWD didn't jump up to 2.35 as soon as news came out?

To me IDWD = 2.35 + ??? (for spinoff)

I can see only 2 reasons for price to be still so low:

1. Possibility that deal breaks (seems to be very low, i'd say <10%)
2. Some ppl don't know about it and still have old limits.

Do I miss something here? Help!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Ivan:

If you've been following this for a while, you will know that the reason is more #1 than #2. Not some, most people do not know about IDWD and its dealings. But enough people know to push the price up if they all believe in the story. I feel that many investors are wary about this deal until it happens.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo:

I have been reading your blog for the last couple of months and they are great! I like your investment style (similar to mine but more aggresive), but mostly I admire your courage and hope you best luck in fighting with the cancer.

I got in XMSR(avg $11), and NTE($11.5) with your recommendation. I just sold NTE and half of XMSR for a nice gain. I guess I own you a steak dinner! I am also holding MATK($22). All the good news aside, I feel the current market is close to the top, the VIX index dropped below 10 for the last 2 days. What do you think will be a good idea to hedge the market? Maybe buy some puts on NASDAQ or S&P500?

BTW, I am also watching BIDU Mar07 puts, it is up way too fast. I will probably take a position in RICK in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Dennis.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Dennis:

I am glad you've done well with this blog. I agree with the short term outlook. I prefer to utilize QID if you're bearish on the market vs. buying puts. I like to wrire options instead of buying them (play the house).
Keep up the good work buddy.

Waiting for my juicy steak someday...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home