AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

IDWD: time is near

One of our holding IDWD has issued an update: 1. Reagarding the spin-off of its 995ad.c0m division and 2. Buyout offer from HLS for $2.35/share. The actual news is printed below:

IDS to Announce Record Date for Qualification of 995ad.com Spin-Off:
ORLANDO, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Nov 16, 2006 -- IDS Worldwide, Inc. (Other OTC:IDWD.PK - News) has been informed by HLS Worldwide that the company will update IDS common stockholders of record on Monday, November 20, 2006 the proposed timing regarding the anticipated trade date of the dividend and the beginning of the tender offer for IDS common shares for $2.35 per share. IDS also plans to release Monday the record date for shareholders to qualify for the shares pertaining to the 995ad.com spin-off.

The stock has traded between $0.82 to $1.01 today with volume of about 481,000 shares. Since the news came out late in the afternoon (after 3pm), I expect the shares to continue moving up tomorrow. I have no idea when or how things will unfold but I feel that the risk/reward ratio was fair enough to wager on this bet. This stock has been a roller coaster trading between $0.10 - $1.80 within the last 12 months. The fact that they are in talks with Tyco (TYC) a $60 billion dollar company regarding a joint venture, I am getting warmed up to the idea that IDWD may indeed be real! Still there are many that do not believe in this story. That's the reason IDWD is trading near $1 instead of $2.

I always wanted to wager on a long shot. We can afford maybe 10% of our capital to such dares. Luckily for me, IDWD has provided so much gains that I am really not risking any of my own capital anymore. This is also the reason why I am slowly accumulating MIDS. This may seem like a long shot for most people but I believe that MIDS will become a real player connecting the investors between Korea and USA.

Traders: This was a good day for me shorting ICE & NDAQ. FLML short is not working out yet. Maybe in a day or two it will. Keep trading with the idea that down side risk is now greater than the up side. Try not to hold much of a position over night.

11 Comments:

Blogger maxtrader77 said...

I dont know much about ndaq or ICEbut Ican tell you I don;t think that flml short will ever work out. Getting short would be like trying to stand in frontof a freight train. Just my opinion...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Max:

My comments for "Trader" sections are only reserved for day traders. I have day trading account in adddition to the long investment account. These are not designed to hold for extended period of time, with maximum being a few days. FLML is overbought short term. Let's see todays action maybe?

But you're right. FLML has great technology that actually works. Nano Tech will have a big future I am sure. It is extended though...

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jae,

FLML seems to be moving favorably for you today. I am trying to learn more about your trading activities (although i only buy into your investment portfolio picks).

How you do you know when a stock is overbought/sold? Is it just a feeling based on market conditions or are there some specific indicators (usual suspects) that point to this? I have noticed that you use this term often when talking about your day trading activities.

Thanks.
-Jo

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

In order to be a day trader, one must be fluent in technical analysis. In this case, we don't even care about what the company does. Nothing matters except for technicals. Obviously, if you can add fundamentals to the technicals, it would be perfect. I tend to choose the potential victim through the fundamentals and I use technicals to enter & exit. But, for me, "gut" has much to do with my results.

Remember, that in my trading account, I move a minimum of 1,000 shares to 5,000 shares at a clip. Sometimes, I am only looking for a quarter or two...

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

Since you seem to be eagar to learn, I will help you if you're willing follow my instructions.

Your first task:
Send me your analysis of FLML in short bullet points. Once I get it, i will start comment on it. And I will add to it. No time limit - we're all busy, I know...

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo,

I found your Blog by searching for information about BTYH on the web and I really enjoyed reading it!
I think I can learn a lot to from you about trading and even more from your life attitude and experience.

What broker do you use? What do you think about scottrade?

I've put your blog on my "Favorites" :)

Ivan

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jae,

Pls remember that my knowledge is very limited, and mostly limited to reading your blog and reading up WSJ, etc. Also, i have no previous knowledge of FLML, except for looking at the charts today.

Okay.. here i go:
- Price run up of 70.36% in the past 3 months and 28.56% in 1 month.
- Uptrend has mostly been on flat volume (no considerable increase in volume during price run-up)
- The stock price crossed the 200 & 50 day MA back in Oct (bullish)
- Support points at $17, $22 and around $25.
- Short-term resistance at $30.
- Technicals look solid for this stock in the long term
- Conclusion: Good short-term shorting candidate because of resistance at $30.
- Why? Because stock will mostly likely take a breather before moving up further.

-Jo

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you guys consider short term short? Intraday, 1 week, 1 month??? This stock isn’t up 70.36 % because the stars aligned...jaewoo is right the company has a great technology and blindly shorting based on technicals is not smart in my opinion(in this particular situation). Any positive news release could shoot this stock up another 5 points easily. I'm just saying that there are many bloated stocks out there with no earnings, no pipeline, nothing but hype...imo much safer. Again just my opinion.

Maxtrader77

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Jae's quick trades (like FLML), short term seems to be 1 or a few days. (I'm guessing here)

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotcha

Max

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Guys:

You've been busy commenting ...
Nice to see the debate.
Read my current blog for details.
I've been in pain this weekend.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home