AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Friday, November 03, 2006

UTK is cheap ...

November 2005 was my surgery (saying good-bye to 12 inches of my colon) as well as my first chemo therapy for colon cancer. Now that I have about a year of "cancer patient" experience under my belt, I am semi-pro when it comes to dealing with cancer related issues. If any one of you or your loved ones need to speak to me, call me any time ( I will release my number if you ask me).

For me, what's worse than the actual chemo therapy is the anticipation of the chemo sessions. Suddenly, I feel nervous, feeling sick inside, things smell funny, and I hate needles! What's better than sex? Anticipation of having sex! Well, you get the picture.

UTK just came out with the 3rd quarter earnings. The amateurs (the general public) were disappointed with the numbers. However, I looked at the numbers in detail. Guess what. I liked what I saw. Acetrader just bought more of UTK this afternoon at the price of $12.32/share. I had to sell some of my IDWD holdings to come up with the funds immediately. I currently have about +57% gain on the IDWD shares so I feel better trading these with the fallen UTK shares.

I will do a write up on this as well as our recent buy CMGI. I just wanted you to know that I bought more of UTK at $12.32 this afternoon. Wait for additional info.

Traders: FLML looks expensive. My past short candidate AXR finally broke yesterday. If you are still short AXR, cover it soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still holding 4000 shares of QID at 57 and want to sell them at 61.99.
Holding 2000 shares of OMG shorted at 57.40 want to cover at 45.01, Have 500 shares of AXR short 100 at 71.80 and 400 at 67.90 and want to cover at 50. And 1000 shares of PCLN short at 40.30 and want to cover at 34.01. Just entered a order for 1000 shares of FLML short at 27.99. All this I started after reading your blogs.
If they all go through as planned I owe you all the steaks for as long as you want.
Gus

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home