AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The cubes: QQQQ

Regular readers know that I enjoy mountain hiking every week. There is no better way to improve your health than hiking in the mountains. Today, along with my hiking group, we went to a place called "Mohonk Reservation" in New York. A beautiful 100 year old hotel & restaurant in the middle of mountains. The view was spectacular! Some areas of mountains looked like it was on fire! The color of the leaves ranged from light yellow to deep fire reds. I sincerely hope that you can enjoy these kinds of beauty too. Soon, most of the leaves will fall to the ground, providing much needed nutrients for the trees, the cycle of life will begin once again.

Most investors look at various indices to gauge the health of the market. The Dow30 / SP500 / Nasdaq composit / Wilshire 5000 are some of the most widely followed indexes people look at. Of course I, too, look at all of them as well but do you know which index I follow most closely? It is no secret that I follow the "Cubes" (QQQQ) very closely. The cubes are consist of the top 100 Nasdaq stocks in one basket. How convenient? Basically, these are the companies that will transform the future of our lives. Allow me to name the top 10 of these guys for you:

Microsoft / Qualcomm / Apple / Google / Cisco / Starbucks / Intel / Amgen / Oracle / Comcast

All of above companies are the kinds that we all wish to own if money was no object. Actually, you can own all of them by simply owning the cubes. Where am I going with this? The big picture: QQQQ is an excellent long term investment - it will usually lead the market on the upside as well as the downside. The small picture (next few days or weeks): Cubes look to be extended, pricy, too much too soon.

Traders: I have established a short position in NDAQ at $37.4 8/share.

P.S: Hold on to all of the stocks in the Acetraders portfolio. I will let you know if any one of them is a sell candidate. Try to be patient with our investments. Step back and ask yourself "How long have I had them?" and "Am I giving this investment a fair chance to perform?" I personally do not like to sell unless the business plan has changed. Be patient.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea why UTK dropped like a rock today (down 26% at this point)? I cant find any negative news about UTK in the news feeds.

-Jo

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for a few months. Very informative. What do you think about today's Utek drop? Is this an over reaction or real due to the ShareSleuth article. TIA.
Michael

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

see updates on the blog.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home