AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Gift: open the box

It was the worst day at the hospital.
I arrived at Memorial Sloan just before 9 am. Quick blood test by 9:45. Then I had to wait until about 4 pm to strat my chemo injection. Most of you know the doctor had to delay my chemo for a week due to terrible sore mouth I had to deal with. Anyway, waiting for something all day takes a hugh amount of mojo out of you.

I don't feel too sexy right now.
Once again, most of you should know that I generally feel "too sexy for my shirt". I could not sleep well; the time now is about 3 am. But don't worry, by dawn, I will be back to myself again - feeling too sexy to be alive yet another day : )
The truth is that my life is full of excitement due to my condition. Let me offer you an example: I just saw the new movie "The Departed" (excellent movie - I am going to see it once more - I am thinking of several Oscars with this one) and I just suddenly felt how lucky I am living in this fabulous country, safe and orderly, ice cream in one hand, in the dead middle of afternoon, watching such a fantastic performance by people I enjoy (let me name these guys: Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio and it was directed by a legend, Martin Scorsese).

Gentlemen, you don't get much better than this. Right now, people are dying (being killed) in Sudan, Iraq, Afganistan, North Korea and many other places. Whether you like to admit it or not, these are our brothers and sisters. Far related but never the less RELATED. I just hear people complaining all around me. The egg was not cooked right, the movie don't start until one hour later, that car is going too slow, the temperature is a bit too cold, I need a new car, my girl friend is ugly, my boy friend is gay, my boss is an asshole, my brother is a moron and so on and so on. Do you know what I mean? One day (when I get out of this) I will have to thank god for what he/she had given me - an ability to see good things in life, an ability for me to enjoy every single day, making me realize that I don't have the time to be upset.

You know what? God gave you the same gift too.
Some of you simply forgot to open it yet. I suggest you open it soon. I know people who have lost the BOX.

MATK: Didn't I tell you a few days ago that a new revenue source will emerge? And that will make this stock to move? MATK went up as high as $24.73 (+12%) but it closed at $23.69 (+7%). Guess what, there will be more , larger food deals coming soon. Buy it and hold it please!

IDWD: In my last note, I said that there better be some good news regarding this company and that it is testing my patience. Well, someone heard my talk. There was a good news on Monday. The company said that the buyout at $2.35 will occur soon (check the news yourself at Yahoo.com/fanance). Some investors think IDWD is lying (hence the $0.87 price now), I however am willing to wager, I just bought another 5,000 shares at $0.85 per share. Thank god I had plenty of time waiting in the hospital and that they have several computers for my use. This brings my holdings to 20,000 shares and my average cost is now $0.756 - just remember that this is the riskiest stock we own. It's going to be a homerun or you're out!

Yes, I have said that the bull market is here and now. Please understand that day-traders do not add "value" to a stock fundamentally. However, they serve an important role of a "market maker" adding much needed liquidity to the market. Common stocks of a public company is more valuable than a private company stock of equal value. Why? Due to instant liquidity. It is called the "liquidity premium". Day-traders buy and sell in an instant. We can be in a bull market (long term) and have traders be shorting (short term). I am currently shorting QQQQ now (next few days only no matter what). This is why I have separate investment account (long term) and trading account (short term). It is now 4:13 am. Let me try to get some sleep.
Chemo sucks.
Take care of yourself (be happy).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very touched by your "life lesson" today, cuz I feel the same way, God gave me a gift to see the good things in life, instead of complaining about every little thing around us.

OK,one complain, why do u say "Gentlemen"...do u think only men read your blog?

Take care

Jenna

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jenna:

My bad. You win.
However, the fact is that you are the first woman to post a comment on my blog. If you were to read my past notes, you will see that I have always included women as much as men. In fact, you will notice that I have referred to god as he/she. Once again, welcome to Acetrader family. Where are you writing from?

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to buy 500 shares of qid at 58 and sell at 59, but if the price goes down to 57 then I will buy another 500 shares at 57 and sell the 1000 shares at 58.
what do you think of these kinds of quick trades ?
Gus

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Gus:

I am going to assume you did not buy qid yet. I own 2,200 shares of qid as of now. I think we will see a pull back in stocks soon. But I do not expect a big sell off either. I'd guess 2-2.5% down by QQQQ which means 4-5% gain in QID. Which gives us $60-$60.60 in QID. I personally would not sell at $58. Good luck.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Gus,

I read your comment on the previous note and i must say, wow, 1.8mil. That is the kinda portfolio i want to have :)

Anyways - i was curious if your allocation (% wise) for each stock is the same as Jaewoo? For example is RICK also your biggest holding? I have a much, much smaller portfolio of about $80K (hey, i am still in my early 20's :)) - and have trouble getting my allocations right. I want to be careful not to load up too much on stocks that have low daily volumes (relatively low liquidity).

Nice to meet you! I am a regular on Acetrader. I hope you have become one too now.

-Jo

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I follow blogs of ace trader and
DR.GE and Siyu and chart pattern.
I have mixture of different stocks recommended by them. But I also follow chart pattern and volatility . But I am impressed by ace trader by his philosophy on living and his intellegence.
I do trade a little different and if I buy a stock which I think is cheap and it goes down further to the next support level I double it and if it goes down even lower to lower support level I double it again and then some times wait for 6 months to a year or even more and usually end up making few thousand dollars profit. But you have to have enough spare money to do that. I am not sure if ace trader or Siyu or DR.GE will agree with that because if the company went backrupt the stock will go down to zero. I do not put more than $40000 in any one stock.
gus

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AceTrader-

There is some (bad) news i read about EXPE this afternoon. I am not sure what this means to EXPEZ. Is it reason to be concerned?

"Expedia Goodwill May Affect Covenant" - http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061011/expedia_debt_covenant.html?.v=1

Ni

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the comment about 1.8 million dollar portfolio. I am good at math but bad at reading. My math says this number is wrong. Unless I read the wrong place.

Goomba

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Goomba:

What do you mean? I did not understand your comment. Advise.
P.S: Are you a regular reader to Acetrader?

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goomba,
if your comment was for me.
I have account with Scottrade and if I sell all my stocks in regular account and IRA account today they will send me a check $ 1.8 mil. It did not mean that I have made profit of 1.8 mil.
This year by following the blogs of acetrader and DR.G and Siyu my portfolio is about 40% up so far.
most of the stocks they recommended I bought them at lower price than their recommendation.
( BTYH at 0.65,CNTF at 7, OPWV at 7.5 , NTE at 11.51, XMSR at 10.49. etc etc
Today I bought UTK at 18.02.
( I also use support and resistant levels on bigcharts.com as my entry and exit points)
gus

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home