AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

NASCAR - Updates

Can you believe tomorrow is Friday already?
The market has been on fire lately and I feel that we need to rest a little before resuming the uptrend. As I have said many times before, we will have a new high soon. For most of you, there will be one last chance to buy some of our stocks at reasonable prices. Basically, all the stocks in our current portfolio is a "buy". Let me give you some updates:

EXPEZ: This will be the last time you can buy it in the $5's. Place this one in your portfolio now. And I am not kidding. During the 4th quarter, Expedia's business will be fantastic.

XMSR: A few days ago, Merrill Lynch upgraded XMSR in addition to the recent Credit Suisse's upgrade. Satellite Radio business is real. And XMSR is the leader. XM has relationships with both GM and Toyota. As you know, these are the two largest Auto makers.

UTK: After a long upward march since we bought it (at $14.35) UTK is taking a much needed rest. Once this resting period is over (soon) one day this will run away from you fast. 2006 will be the record year for UTK in all fronts. You must own this.

IDWD: Please take some time to investigate this one. The last news says that it is in the final stages of being tendered offered at $2.35 per share (cash) without the 995ad.com business. We already received HLS stock dividend a few months ago. This is obviously speculative but I am willing to gamble (our cost is $0.72). You decide.

This weekend I will be in Delaware to attend the NASCAR racing. Have you ever been to the actual racing scene? I can't wait. It is the fastest growing spectator sport. There's big money on the line too (for drivers). Just imagine this: many many cars going at the speed of over 200 miles per hour and the distance between the car in front of you is only inches away. And you have to go around 500 times (Indy 500) before you can finish the race. I was told that the average drivers loose about 8 pounds of weight in a race (sweat, blood and tears I suppose). I will tell you all about it when I come back on next Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home