AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Deal or no deal

Yesterday (Monday) was my chemo day.
My typical chemo day goes like this: get up at 6:30am, leave home by 7:30, arrive at Memorial Sloan Center by 8:30 to register. After the routine blood work and personal consultation with my oncologist, I begin my chomo injection which lasts about 4-5 hours. Usually leaves the cancer center by 5pm and arrive home by 6pm or so. By this time, I am half dead.

All the different chemicals and fancy biotech drugs in me knocks me out - very tired. So please excuse me if you don't see my updates on my chemo Mondays. Oh, by the way I also bring home a portable chemo bottle (with the injection still in me) which lasts until Wednesday. Basically I have to eat, sleep, rest and everything else with the injection still stuck in me for three days (this was not easy in the beginning). You will be surprised to know what you can get used to if you had to. Physically I am tired during the chemo week (chemo also attacks red & white blood cells in addition to the cancer cells). The following week is a resting week. Then the whole system starts again the next week. It has been 10 months so far...

You should know that the average survival length for stage IV colon cancer patients like me is measured in months not years (9-10 months). Within the first 5 years upon diagnosis over 90% of patients are no longer with us. I desperately need to be in the top 10% - period.

I know that I am writing this - as matter of factly - but seriously, why don't you take a moment and pretend you are in my shoes for a few minutes. I need all of you to live your life fully. Right before my diagnosis last October, I was just like you - invincible. Never thought I would ever get my money back from the insurance companies.

Just try to remember this: You do not have time to be upset with someone. You should not waste your energy in anything that is not productive or pleasurable. You should not continue with a job that you don't like. You should not continue a relationship if you know that its not going to last. One thing you should not be cheap about - food. Try to add more veggies and fruits in your diet. And you must devote sometime to excercise. Spend as much time with your family as possible. All of the above is much more important than money. This is the logic: If you are rich but do not follow above ways, you are not a happy person. We all know people like that don't we? Never use "I don't have the time" excuse - do you notice that successful people always have the time for above activities? It is the low level people who always seems to have no time for this and that (and they usually make small money). You control your time - do not let others control your life.

Back to business: Nothing new to report. Keep adding to our list of stocks. Try your best to have as much of our stocks as possible. Diversification is the key. I am very optimistc with our holdings. I am researching the Oil and Gold play for future buys. These two groups will make people rich in coming years. It is not too late - this is just the begining.

Lastly, I have two request for regular readers to my blog. This will be a gentlemens agreement where you only owe me if you feel my blog has helped you. And you will be the judge (recipe for foulplay but I trust ya). So here it is: #1. Whenever you get the chance you pry for me and my family (I am going to assume that some of you can pull some strings with god). #2. Whenever we meet (NY or elsewhere) lunch or dinner is on you. I can eat almost everything except for spicy food.

Remember, I am only requesting the above to be able to keep on helping you. In order for me to be of any value to you: 1. I need to be alive 2. I need to be fed good food. Deal or no deal?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a prayer from...you always do and you are right. I do spend a lot of time thinking of things I should not be thinking of and it is a waste of time. Certain people I just don't like always tend to find time in my day to take up. One of the things I really need to stop doing. Please take care, love your blog.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Sonderval said...

Might not be buying you food any time soon (living in Ireland :) but your definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the best!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae, you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I look forward to taking you out for lunch or dinner to our favorite investment or any other place you would enjoy.
Ross

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deeeeeal! Keep fighting bro, you're def winning this one.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home