AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Buy Utek: UTK

The market turned in an impressive performance today.
Is this the beginning of new bull or is this just a fake rally?
No one really knows. If you want me to guess, I would say this is likely to be a fake move. The market might fall again before finally moving up. In any case, this is not a boring time for most of us. As I have said before, this is time to accumulate shares at discount prices.

If you happened to be the person who still does not own UTK, you're in luck. Now is the chance for you to buy some. UTK is one of my core holdings. I have many comments on UTK in previous notes if you care to look. The risk/reward ratio is awesome at this point. Just know this, UTK has all the ingredients to become a major player in the technology transfer business. Buy it and hold it. This is not a trading candidate.
( Did you know that UTK owns stocks in over 50 public companies?)

The market cap on UTK is currently under $200 million.
I would not be surprised to find this to be over $1 billion a few years from now.
Do not miss your chance again ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

Did your order for EXPEZ filled? If you had done what I suggested (Limit order at $5.80) you would have filled. Keep me updated...

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo

Thanks for the advice. Yes - but i only got 350 shares at $5.80. My limit order was for 1000 total of EXPEZ. Hopefully the rest will execute sometime this week.

Another question :)
I have another 'lot' of $15K i would like to invest. I am debating between XMSR/NTE/UTK. My target sale is end of fourth quarter. Any thoughts on which one i should sink my teeth into?

I am swaying towards XMSR. I think we will hear that they hit positive cash flow. Once that happens, there is only one direction that stock will move.

-Joseph

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

I agree with your assesment.
Is $15k your one unit?
How many units do u have?
Why not divide the $15K?
Until you build up your portfolio, try to have at least 8-10 different stocks at 1 unit each ...

EXPEZ is trading very close to $5.80 Just get it below $6 instead of waiting all the time. You don't want to buy it at the foot; you rather buy it at the knee. Who cares for few pennies ...

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home