AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Technically speaking...

First of all, let me share an answer to the million dollar question:
"How do I invest successfully and pick the right stocks?"
Answer: "You choose which company to invest through fundamental analysis then read the chart action (technical analysis) to time the buy and sell decisions".
Make sure you understand the above. When you do, you will be ahead of the majority of other fellow investors/stock pickers.

As I have mentioned, the strong action in the QQQQ encourages me. I am sure some of you took the advantage of my QLD setups I placed on Saturday. Good for you. But let's talk about some of our long term holdings, technically speaking.
AUTO is deteriorating technically. It recently moved below the 100-day moving average (MA). Fundamentally, I see nothing wrong. But I don't like the tape action. We will give it some room until the 200-day MA. now at $0.91 I am being very generous with this one because it moved down on a low volume. Let's hope it shapes up soon. Otherwise, "you're fired!".
MATK on the other hand, just moved above its 200-day MA. This is an excellent sign. Next week it will report earnings - and it will be good. Let's ride this one up!
EXPEZ is now offically above the $6 level. It might jump around a little but it will definately move up in coming weeks and months. We already have close to +40% gain on this one!
UTK's action is totally natural. It is in the process of digesting the large gains it got recently. Soon, it will resume its move upwards. This is a good time to get in by the way.

As most of you know, I saw my oncologist yesterday. The side effects of chemo is bad enough that he thinks we should hold off until next Monday for my chemo. So I get a week off! Taking in all that "poison" makes you very tired. I just hope that my cancers are very tired too. Here's an original thought: Cancer is just like terrorist.
Terrorists are one of us too. They are humans. They simply have different agenda. An agenda to kill us!
Cancer cells are my cells too. It is part of who I am made of. It simply has different agenda. To grow exponentially to the point where the host (that's me) will die!

This is my view on defense system: The best defense is offense - period.
My investing style reflects this too. Does our portfolio look like it is defenive? Hardly. We are all out offensive in this environment. That's how I beat the market returns and most of other investors. I take risks. Calculated risks but risks never the less. I also assume that you are investing with offensive money. You do not take out cash advance from your credit cards to buy stocks. This is basic. Let's be smart here.

I assume that the regular readers of this blog has above average intelligence. It is a decent assumption since only the intelligent will see the true value of my writings : )
Have a beautiful day and say "I love you" to someone today...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo:
If your technically speaker is true , I will make youe favorite spring roll.


Alice

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home