AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ka-Ching ! (XMSR)

Many people wondered about my call when I issued a buy on XMSR. Some thought it was going down hill, many said SIRI is the better choice, wall street had negative rating on it (by the way - I hope you don't listen to wall street firms all the time). I had to re-list my reasoning behind this reccommendation a few days ago. I just hope you bought into it. Let me tell you a secret: Before I buy a stock, I follow it for weeks if not months. If you open the comment section for yesterday, you will see that one of our reader bought 1,000 shares at $9.97 and bought again at $12.87 today. Now, that's a sweet move - congratulations. Remember, good information is worth nothing unless you act on it. It takes guts to act in this business. Bottom line: XMSR will head higher in months to come. More houses will issue "BUY" rating on this. Hold on tight.

Due to the XMSR soptlight, most of you probably missed a stealth up-move on one of our holdings. This one will reward you handsomely too. Can you guess which one I am talking about? Yes, I am refering to EXPEZ. Today it went as high as $5.90/share. Many of you bought it upon my reccomendation but there's still a lot of you who did not. Those who didn't usually forget to pay attention to it (a big mistake most amateurs make). Let me give you some facts you probably missed: At the beginning of this month (Aug. 1st) EXPEZ closed at $3.88 - As of today, the same EXPEZ is at $5.656/share. That's a gain of +45.8% in 15 trading days! Are you getting the message? No, it is not too late. This will head much higher. How do I know? I just know. That's why you keep coming back to my blog remember? Just do it.

To answer one of our readers question: Yes, I have had three round trips of QQQQ trades today. #1. Bought QID at $66.66(12:14pm) - Sold at $67.66(1:24PM) #2. Bought QLD at $69.58(1:45pm) - Sold at $69.77(2:04pm) #3. Bought QLD at $69.77(2:29pm) - Sold at $70.25(3:19pm) And last but not least I bought QID at $67.56(3:58pm) just before the close. I will hold this over-night hoping for a negative open tomorrow. My target is +2% or so.

The truth is I usually have one round trip per day on average. Today's action was unusual. However, all three trades were profitable. Let's hope my over-night trade will also be profitable tomorrow. As you can see, it is not too feasible for me to list all my quick trades here. I tried to show you my trading style by listing my setups before it actually happened but I can not continually do this to help you trade. My blog is not real-time. I will however, try to give you setups if I feel that you can act upon it. Thanks for the interest.

Iran has sent its intention in a letter to the U.N. There is no announcement yet. Maybe tomorrow we will hear the news. My take? I do not expect any positive news. The current Iranian government is too volatile - not good for stocks. This is also a hurricane season. Again, this is not particularly good for stocks either. Oil and Gold will move higher in weeks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say you are an extra ordinary person with good heart and I wish there were more people like you in this world. I am talking about your philosophy of life. You made me realize how trivial my little aches and pains are compared with you.
I also bought qid 300 shares at 67.30 at the open and sold 90 minutes later at 68.32. I will slowly use more money as my confidence builds up.
If I was living in NY I would take you out for lunch.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Dear A:

You almost made me tear with your comments. Thanks and good luck with your trades. I too got my $1 gain (+1.5%) on my trade. I got out at $68.56/share.
Now, we are in a danger zone. If QQQQ goes below $37.75, watch out! No meaningful setup tonight!
P.S: Where do you live and give me your first name at least. I will get my lunch someday!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae,

Great to see frequent Ka-Chings! for Acetrader these days.

I have a neubie question regarding IDWD's cash buy-out. If in fact this buy-out does occur, which seems more likely as the days go by, can I buy IDWD today, at say $1.27 and hold it until HLS buys it back from me at $2.35?

Love your PS's so I'm gonna PS too...

P.S. I opened my first brokerage account & bought 200 IGLD@$4.38 last month following your blog. Seems to be doing pretty well.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo

One more question for you :)

I was reading a press release from IDWD (http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060823/0156667.html) and the following caught my eye:
"Every investor purchasing IDS common stock (IDWD) will be eligible to receive the $2.35 cash per share from HLS.."

So this applies to me (/everyone) if i buy IDWD.PK shares at today's price ($1.30)? If the deal goes through, that is. In that case, buying IDWD seems like a no-brainer to me.. unless i am missing something here?

-Joseph

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home