AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Motivation: QID

So far, I am getting luke warm responses regarding the QQQQ trades. I do appreciate many kind words from various readers, for that - I thank you. The reason I openly discuss my personal health issues is to help you live a happier and healthier lives. As human beings we are constantly pursuing our own happiness. This is why we study, get a job, make money, excercise, get married, have children and so on.

Happiness arrive in two different ways: from within & from outside forces.

Here's an example: 1. You get a raise or a promotion - you are happy. 2. You did not get a raise or promotion but realize others were demoted or fired - you are happy. Sometimes unfortunate reality of others give you strength and motivation. My hope is that you watch my real story and be motivated. Motivated to do what exactly? My answer:

1. Make sure you have your priority stright
2. Your health and your family comes before anything else
3. Realize that most people do not understand #2
4. Biggest excuse is "too busy"
5. Too busy for what? (Goto #1)
6. Without health, love & money means very little
7. Eat well, rest well and excercise regularly
8. This is a formular for success
9. Hang out with positive people (kinda hard to be positive and fat)

Another interesting comment from a reader (I wish I knew what to call you - friend). I believe these comments help all of us. Here goes:

Anonymous said...
I follow your blogs and have made good money. But your swing trades in QID seem to be like gambling because I do not believe any one can predict day to day movements.You probably were lucky the last two days.I do admire you with so much medical problems and still writing these blogs and help giving good advice on stocks.

My response: I have different views on this subject. First, it is different from gambling in that this is not a zero sum game. Second, luck has little to do with it. Third, I agree that predicting day to day movements are waste of time. Fourth, However, if I were to show you a 1 minute chart (for one day) without the price and time values, you would think that it was a one year chart of a stock. Fifth, Do you believe investors have target price (prediction) on stocks they buy? Lastly, if you have the time/skill/energy, I think you can have an edge over other investors who do not have such luxury.

Allow me to share one more real trade you can follow:
Friday, we excuted QID trade as per my Thursday notes (another gain). Toward the close of Friday, we bought QID back again at $66.24 (bearish for Monday). If it goes down 1% ($65.58) we will double down (this is it, we never triple down) however, we expect +2% gain on this trade.
Another words, if QID hits $67.56 we got another +2% in the bag again.
Please watch closely, for I may get lucky again : )

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I like how you simplify your life's philosophies :)

I have a question. I have one unit (my units are worth $5K) to invest. I am debating between IGLD, IDWD (buy point: $1.05) and XSMR (buy point: $10.50).

I am still a beginner and would to love hear your thoughts on this. I am swaying towards IDWD, since i read up on the acquisition details - and i feel there is more chances of that going through than it failing.

You're thoughts?

Thanks.

-Joseph

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Matic (I kinda like Matic):

First I am glad to hear that you have started to save/invest already. I first opened my brokerage account at the age of 19. To answer your Q: Both IGLD & XMSR is a medium term investment (at least 6-12 months or until target price is reached). IDWD is a trading vehicle (goal of 40-50% gains in days). The main problem with IDWD is that it is not a reporting company. I am assuming that the news are real. In any case, I have made very good money with IDWD as you know. But I have no idea what their financials look like. I believe it will trade between $0.75 - $1.75 until some solid buyers come in. I will be trading this one (I own 20,000 shares now). What is your risk tolerance? Can you risk that $5K? Sometimes, what's right for me is not right for you. It is totally your call. Let me know.
P.S: Why not consider AUTO?

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo

To answer your question, I maintain two portfolio's. 1 is for safe investments - such as the FAIRX fund (which has a major holding of BRK.A and BRK.B), my company stock (which i get at a discount), etc.

The 2nd portfolio (which i use to buy/sell AceTrader stocks) is my aggressive lot. So bottom line, yes, i am much more risk tolerant with these guys.

That said, thank you much for suggesting AUTO. I did some research myself and looked at your previous blog entries about it. I like their business (very profitable, i must add) and i like their chances of pulling off a green one in my portfolio :)

I will loading up on it this week.

Thanks again!

-Joseph

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home