AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My shopping list

During the past two years, we have seen the interest rate being raised seventeen times. Let me repeat: a total of 17 times! Fortunately, it was a calculated, gradual raise. In any case, we almost saw 18th raise this afternoon by Mr. Bernanke. But he did not trigger.

The market basically yawned.
The truth is, market could not fully understand what this meant. Tomorrow, we will see the real direction of this market based on rate being left alone. Wall street needed some time to digest this important event. As I have said before, I don't particularly care.

As per my last note, I sold remaining shares of PRZ this morning (sold 4,464 shares at $1.97 and 2,536 shares at $1.98 making my average sale price of $1.9736). Since our average cost was $1.2965 our gain in PRZ is +52.2% in about 2 months. Nice indeed.

My reason for this sale is two fold.
1. I wanted to lock in +52% gain in 2 months.
2. I am in the process of getting my ammos ready.

As I have said before, I still think PRZ offers value. We might actually get in to it again soon. The earnings will be out this Thursday and let's wait and see the reaction in the market. Recently, PRZ refinanced its debt, which is a good thing but in the process, they issued too much shares. I usually don't like issuing shares when your shares are so cheap! The idea is to issue shares when they are high. And one more thing, why are the insiders (officers) selling like crazy at this price? Do they know something I don't? Or they just needed the money? Enough said.

For you to start your homework early, let me give you a list of my current shopping list:
TKLC, WLV, XMSR, ASPV, BGO, OXPS, ICE, TRID, ESRX, FNSR, QLD, QID.

Trust me when I say that I look at all of these stocks everyday. All have their own story to tell and they are all interesting. Some of these stocks, I have owned before - dating as far back as September 1987. I will share stories with you as they come.
Just get your ammos ready.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question, I had someone suggest USEY to me. Any thoughts on this stock?

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Rajeev:

Looked into it.
It is in the right industry, ambitious(recent acquisition), and the stock has performed well.
Last quarter: Sales $5M Income -$2M
Company is now valued at $100M
Too rich for my blood.
Better wait for the right price and see if the new acquisition is working.
Bottom line: Wait for $4/share & see.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that insight. I have to say I am learning a lot from you blog. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to post this information, you really do help a lot of people. Everyone here at my office reads your posts.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home