AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Internet Gold (IGLD) and (BTYH)

President Bush will be undergoing his annual physical check up starting today. When you are a CEO of the world, keeping yourself healthy is of international concern. I wish him well. Just to be clear, I am closer to a democrat in social related issues while I am definately a republican in economic issues. This is where I stand on various isssues, I am:

1. For Pro-choice (women should have rights to her own body)
2. For Open immigration (we're all immigrants unless you are an Indian)
3. For Gun control (you simply don't need semi-automatic machine guns)
4. For Lower taxes (trust me, this brings in more tax revenues)
5. For Gay & Lesbian rights (government should not tell me who I sleep with)
6. For Medical marijuanna (believe me, pot helps cancer patients deal with it)

Now you know where I stand - don't you feel much closer to me?

Two days ago, at the end of my blog, I placed a quick "P.S:" line. Do you remember what it said? I said to buy IGLD if you had not because I thought it offered good value. It was then selling at $4.30, today it closed at $4.96/share which means you gained +15.3% in two days (this is over 3 years worth of interest if you kept money in the bank's highest yielding accounts).

Obviously, IGLD is still a good value. As you know, my target for this is over $10/share. Being an Israel based company, what's going on in that region currently do not help IGLD's price. But then again, that is why I am interested. When would you get this kind of deal? Within the next year or two, you would not believe that IGLD traded in the $4's. Many will kick themselves for not buying. It would seem such an easy call - the kind you could easily have made. Especially when you have someone like me to explain the situation clearly.
I would get in if I were you (this is 12-18 months play or $10/sh, whichever comes first).

Every family has a problem child. We have one in our portfolio too.
Ironically it's name is Bad Toys, Inc. (BTYH). Some of you (those who own it) might be thinking of giving up on BTYH. That would be a mistake. It is tading at about $0.80 now, and the absolute worst case senario is at $0.60/share. How about the upside potential? Mid to high $2's. Basically, there is no news from the company. The planned spinoff of the ambulance division is being delayed - and I have no idea why. This lack of information is why the stock is down. Let me tell you a secret: the day BTYH announces the spinoff, it might double in a day. This is not a growth story. It is a value play. Sum of its parts are definately worth more than the whole. I would hold on if I were you. If you have extra funds available, go ahead and lower your average cost in this baby. I still have hope with this - otherwise I would have sold it already. Just wait.

Tomorrow, I disconnect my chemo injection (I have a decent size needle stuck in me as I type) and I will receive Neulasta (new version of Neupogen by Amgen) injection to help my body produce much needed white blood cells. In addition, I will get a CT sacn to check my abdomen area for usual check up (these cancer cells better not have grown). Wish me luck.
Remember, you need me more than I need you : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question regarding how many shares you would recommend buying for a lightly traded stock such as IGLD (average 25K per day).

Here's some background - i bought 600shares of IGLD at $4.30 (good return today) and am planning to buy 600 more tommorrow (market-trade). I definetely feel that we are seeing a definitive uptrend in this stock - and want to get in early (i still think it is). your opinion?

-Matic

2:56 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Dear A:
Although I feel IGLD is a bargain, I think it will trade up & down until there's a new bull leg in the market. As I have said before in my blog, we have not seen the low of the year yet. Use a limit oredr for a price you want and wait in stead of chasing it. Volume will come back once bull starts. Good luck.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home