AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Rick's Cabaret (RICK)

I hope you had a beautiful weekend.
I certainly did. My usual Saturday mountain hiking was not usual at all. The trail was quite chellenging and when we came back down there was Korean BBQ waiting for us. By the way, if you do not know what Korean BBQ is like, I feel bad for you. Simply visit your nearest Korean restaurant and order either Bulgoki (fire beef) or Kalbi (BBQ ribs). I have yet to find a person who didn't like Korean beef dish. Try - take a chance.

Acetrader's largest holding, RICK, just hit a all time high!
It closed Friday at $7.72/share. Those of you who own it, congratulations. Those who do not - you simply can not say you didn't know. I have been repeating myself over and over why you need to own this. Besides, let the numbers speak for themselves - RICK is our largest holding. Why do you think? I believe in the growth story of RICK.

Last Friday, I was at the Rick's cabaret (NY location on 33rd street & 6th Avenue) having lunch with my fellow shareholders (small, quick shareholders meeting you might say). First, the lunch itself was great. I had salmon (medium-rare) and others had steaks (also medium-rare). The bottom line is this: having great juicy steak, sitting right in front of plasma TV (watching the ticker tape) while numerous beautiful girls dancing around you - simply can not hurt. We had a great time. Most importantly, I do not feel bad spending few dollars there because it's my money too. Girls told me the business is great (I am always doing my homework). This girl that sat next to me (Anna) told me that she worked at Rick's since February and that she would not work anywhere else (she had a college degree too). I advised her to own Rick's shares. She brought her pen and paper to write down how to open a brokerage account. I think she will be our fellow shareholder as well. Let me tell you one last time. RICK will not be trading at this level for long. I am looking for it to be in the double digits soon. Watch me.

Two or three days ago, I told you that I am eyeing on XM Radio (XMSR). Everyone hated this stock. I said we need to buy this if it goes down any further (it was at $10 and change). Well, guess what. Friday it closed at $12.67 (up 16.37% in one day).
Do I have a nose or what?
Sometimes I can smell these things. My gut feeling told me that XMSR at $10 or better is a deal. Do you want me to tell you my other gut feeling on this? Well, my gut tells me that XMSR will be in the $20's soon. I will tell you when the time is right to enter in this deal. Let's be patient.

My open order for MIDS still have not excuted. But it came close. You know that my order was for $1.51 Limit GTC. Friday it traded between $1.70 and $1.52. Ouch, I missed it by a penny! Now guess what - I will be lowering my limit price to $1.41/share. I think I can buy it at this price. I am not in a hurry. Bottom line: my initial buy order will be changed to 4,255 shares to buy at $1.41 Limit GTC (good-till-cancel). Adjust accordingly...

Have a wonderful Monday. I will be at the Sloan to receive my chemo session.
P.S: Buy IGLD: it is trading at a discount at $4.30/share.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news on RICK. I need to venture up to one of those:D As for XMSR, I hate that XM radio compared to SIRI but I guess as an investor I have to let that go:) But I am really excited on RICK, have a great week and stay healthy.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rajeev:
Good to hear from you again.
If you're in NY maybe we can visit Rick's for lunch together for a "shareholders meeting". I tend to have these meetings every week : )
Let me know!
As for XMSR, let's wait for better entry price. I am expecting another small slae soon...
I am writing from the hospital.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home