AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

More shopping: EXPEZ

Unfortunately for me, I was quite sick yesterday.
I stayed in bed for almost 24 hours. High fever, stomach pain, feeling weak - you know the drill. Tuesday night I could not sleep (slept for maybe 2 hours) then on Wednesday, I went mountain hiking early in the morning. When I came back home, I fell down on my bed and stayed there for the next 24 hours. The thing is, sometimes I forget that I am a sick man. Going through a chemo therapy (now for 7 months) is no walk in the park. Maintain your health when you are healthy.

Most of you know that my dad is a doctor. I have many useful medical information and I will give you one now. I remember when I was a little kid, I used to go into my dad's study and read various medical books (mostly studying the gruesome pictures). Lets just say that I have above average medical information.

We all need sleep.
Without sleeping 1/3 of your life, your 2/3 will give you problems. Basically, your body goes through hugh amount of activity during the day (internally) and it needs time to re-group for the next day. Most importantly between 1-3 am, your liver collects blood to filter it (cleaning) and replenish it with necessary enzymes to collectly do its job the next day. By the way, did you know that your liver is the largest organ in your body? If you are still up at 2am, even if you sleep for 8 hours, you will still feel tired (your blood has not been cleaned entirely). Your body is designed to rest when sun goes down (dark) and be active when sun comes up (light). Try your best to keep that schedule if you want your body to serve you right.
I've learned my lesson once again.

Back to business: We will see the bottom (new low) sometime in this quarter. Which means the general market will go down before coming back up. You have two choices: sell every thing and stay with cash or buy things that you think is of value. As you guessed it, I am staying with the second choice. Why? Because I always miss the boat on the way up.

For example: if you think that "Apple (AAPL)" is worth $80 and you bought it at $60 but it falls to $50; are you happy or sad? Most people get upset that they lost money (paper money) but they really should be happy - now you can get it even cheaper (higher potential profit).
Does this make any sense to you? Or is it me?

Today I bought more of EXPEZ ($4.24) and IGLD ($5.05).
This action is called "averaging down".
I still expect that EXPEZ will hit my target price of $9.60/share. And I was able to pick it up at $4.24 today (I am happy). The bottom line is that Expedia (EXPE) is the largest player in the field and they are coming out with some fancy vacation packages that I think people will appreciate. This is a great time to pick up some EXPEZ.

As one of the readers of this blog stated "IGLD might have few days of weakness", I agree and I bought half my usual amount initially and today I bought more. Who said you can not buy more? IGLD offers value and I see it.
Now, I just hope that others see it as well.

Both PRZ and AUTO went down over 10% each. Don't worry, no bad news other than few big guys are selling shares in PRZ for whatever reason (money for vacation maybe?). As you know, I go with available information. And the infomation is saying - Hold on...

P.S: For my day trading account I just bought Stamps.com (STMP) at $21.55/sh. This is too risky for most of you. If you are interested, look it up yourself. I am looking for a quick 10%. Either way, I am out in a few days (this does not get included in our investment portfolio).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home