AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

"all fruit ripe"

Once again I went to a reggae concert "ReggaeFest 2006". You all know that I appreciate reggae and 80's music. The concert hall was packed (fully sold out) and everyone had a blast (I think there was less than ten (10) Asians in the whole place out of maybe 10,000). Obviously, reggae comes from Jamaica where the whole population is maybe 2 million. Jamaicans (originally from Africa) were oppressed by the whites for a long time and the music reflects that. Reggae has beautiful, energetic, distinctive drum beat coupled with some meaningful lyrics. Almost all people in the concert stood up on their feet and danced along with the flow of the music. I too moved a bit.

I learned that in Jamaica there's a saying "all fruit ripe" which means "everything alright". Now, this terminology makes total sense to me. I am going to use it often.

In terms of the stock market, all fruit's not ripe.
We are in a small down turn within the large upturn. Did you understand that? The big picture is up (economy is strong = earnings are good) but we are now in a short term down wave (Iran problem, Mr. Bernanke will raise rates further, terrorists are still out there, etc). So what to do? As I have said before, there are some great bargains out there. My advise is not to chase it but be patient until you get the price you want.

During these types of market, prices move up and down a lot.
Stocks that move 5% in one day (up or down) will be a common event.
If you can not stomach this types of swings, move out of the market now.
It will be volatile, I am sure.

When do I expect the market to move up?
Probably when most people are fed up and disgusted. They sell at a loss and leave the market saying "I will never buy stocks again". That's the bottom.
By the way, most of these types of investors come back in the market when prices are double from where we are today. That's the top.

Bad Toys (BTYH) went up almost 20% Friday. Wow!
See what I mean? This proves what I said above.
Monday does not look good either.
Iran keeps messing with the U.S. and U.N.
Iran has 2nd largest oil reserves behind Saudi Arabia.
That's a major problem ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home