AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ant Philosophy

When was the last time you saw ants reach an obstacle and give up with their heads down and head back to the ant hole to relax? Never. If they are headed somewhere and you try to stop them, they will look for another way. They will climb over, they'll climb under, they'll go around - regardless of the effort involved.
Imagine what you could accomplish if you never quit and always did all that you could do?

I trust that you already know - I will never give up my personal fight with my cancer. It is simply a new obstacle for me to climb over, climb under and to go around. You - too, should never give up your dreams and do whatever necessary to get to your destination. But remember this, the true joy is in the journey and not the destination itself!

We are in the midst of market volatility. If you refer to my note dated (4/2) I told you that easy money was already made. Remember that we have beaten NASDAQ's 1st quarter performance of +6% (this is quite impressive in itself) by gaining almost 21% ! (this is almost unreal). If you remember, I have also said that 2nd & 3rd quarter does not look too enticing. The 4th quarter of 2006 is where the main action will be.

From this point forward we have to really work hard to squeez extra drops of performance. For me, today was a great day. As per my yesterday's note, I did not buy into RMBS yesterday because it did not touch $27.6 mark (a.k.a. trigger point) and instead I bought RSAS at $14.89/sh. Today I got out of RSAS at $15.49 for a one day gain of 4%. And guess what, I bought RMBS today at $27.27 (it did cross $27.6 mark today: RMBS went up almost 10% at one point). The general market won't excite us tomorrow but some of our holdings will.

RICK closed today at $7.00/sh. It was as high as $7.15. In addition to my long term holdings of RICK, I also bought for my trading account 5K shares at $6.2 last Thrusday (refer to my blog) when it went down for no reason (after an excellent earnings report no less). Today I sold it for $7.12/sh (+15% in 4 days, you do the math). RICK will head higher.

I fully understand that most of you are too busy to folow the market but I want you to kow that certain trades are within your reach. We have a portfolio full of exciting companies. And, boy do they move! And if you take the time to study this a little everyday, you will slowly get the feel for the market. Expect in advance that it does take time though. What doesn't.

I just hope that some of you can utilize this site to improve your understanding of the free market. It is exciting and it is fair. Most importantly it can be very profitable. This is one hobby that pays you as you get better. Where else can you expect daily advise like this? Take it and make it yours.

Like an ant, I will never stop trying.
I will climb over, climb under and go around until I find my food. And you all know my favorite dish - crispy U.S. green dallars. It has all the vitamins and minerals my family needs.
Time for my beauty sleep. Good nite guys and gals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home