AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Relative Strength

Monday was a Memorial day (holiday=market closed); I decided not to go anywhere (one of the worst traffic day in a year next to Thanks-giving holiday) but met with all family members and went to an authentic Chinese restaurant. Wooo, it was great! Although I don't have good appetite due to my chemo therapy, I was able to eat good portions ( I love roast duck).

Tuesday, I went mountain hiking again. Let me remind you once more: the fresh oxygen created by the various trees during the early morning time is known to kill cancer cells in your body. Did you also know that the sweat your body releases during workout is different than the sweat you get simply because of heat (eg: sauna)? Try your best to fit exercise time in your weekly schedules.
No money is worth your health. Trust me.
In the afternoon, my wife Sunny (Bra Designer) & I went to a concert by Yellowman (king of reggae). If you have never heard of Yellowman - go check it out yourself. If you like reggae music (especially the dancehall style) you will love Yellowman. It was fantastic!

Today, I decided to visit one of my best friend Dr. Kolodny at his new job (he is now a Vice-Chairman for a large hospital in Brooklyn, NY). My visit confirmed that this was indeed a nice cushy position. Big corner office, nice furniture, private secretary and a high six figure pay package! I am really glad to see my close friends prosper in life. He worked hard and he deserves nice life style. If you need a good, trust worthy psychiatrist - call me.
Lastly, but most importantly for me, I had my second check-up (CT-Scan) for my cancer. My oncologist (cancer doctor) checks me with full body scans every 2-3 months to see if chemo therapy is doing the damage to cancer cells in my body. I will know the results next week.
As far as I am concerned, these cancer cells are renting a space in my body for a time being.
Believe me - I will be sending an eviction notice soon.
I will not play a nice landlord with these tennants.

Back to business: In choosing stocks, one of the most important criteria is RS: relative strength (how good it performed compared to others in the past).
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, but I can not find a better gauge myself. Let me ask you: if you were to bet on boxing match (I love boxing) where fighter A has a record of (21 win-18 loss) and fighter B has (31-2): who would you bet on?

Please note 2006 performance of our stocks vs. NASDAQ:

RICK: +75.8%
IDWD: +405.3% (yes, 405.3%)
UTK: +16.8%
AUTO: +100.0% (cooorect, a double)
NASDAQ: -1.2%

Although it carries more risk, sometimes you have to pick a stock because you believe it is a winner but temporarily hurt for various reasons. But you have to know what the reasons are and understand that it can be corrected.

Our stocks in this catagory & 2006 performance:

BTYH: -26.6% (special dividend has been delayed a few times)
MATK: -7.0% (possibility of a big, new player in DHA market)
EXPE: -40.8% (unexpected lower earnings)
PRZ: -59.9% (accounting issues, financials need to be summited)
NASDAQ: -1.2% (this is our bench mark)

Obviously, I believe that above concerns can be corrected. And of course we did not buy all these on 01/01/2006. You can get our actual buy price from my prior notes. Also, refer to my 5/11 note for my target prices for each. All target prices are still intact. The two new buys (EXPEZ-this was up 9.5% today & PRZ) have target prices as follows: EXPEZ $9 & PRZ $2.6

P.S: I hope some of you bought OIH as per my previous notes. Both oil and gold is looking better now than a few weeks ago. We wil definately buy a gold/silver stock soon. Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The FREE market, as good as it is for some things, should NOT be a part of crucial public services, like the utilities.

There used to be laws requiring utility companies to spend a certain percentage of their earnings on upkeep and upgrading the system. No longer. Those people out of power in New York have de-regulation to blame.

Would you like our police service to go to the highest bidder? How about the fire department? How about our military...OOOPS already there. Thanks HALLIBURTON! Paid mercenaries killing in our name makes me sick.

Applying free market philosophy to everything is stupid, as I'm sure you will agree.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon dude. You are a great guy.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home