AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Birthday Gift

Yes, thanks to most of you, I had a wonderful birthday with my family and friends. When you are in my situation, every birthday counts. In fact, believe it or not, everyday is a gift as far as I am concerned. My birthday bash really started yesterday by Macy's fireworks (every year since coming to America, they do this for me). Today I also received several nice gifts from above. They are:

AUTO: + 30.37%
IDWD: + 11.24%
UTK: + 13.01%

These are one (1) day gains in our holdings!
By the way, the market was terrible today: Dow down 76points, NASDAQ down 2%.
Need I say more?
My chemo session ended this morning so I am quite tired.
I will give you more detailed analysis on our current holdings but until then you know exactly what I own.
Here is a tip you should know: If I don't sell, then it is a buy.
A stock should be either a Buy or Sell, no in between.
Some people use "Hold" rating. What is that? A "Hold" means not sure? If you are not sure, then it is a sell.
One more tip: Sell some or all of your stock if you have nice gains.
I always try to sell 33% - 50% of my holdings when it doubles. Remember that I also gave you my target price for all stocks in our portfolio for your use. It is only a guideline. I am not that smart. Use your own judgement when you need to lock in your gains. Of course, I will tell you when I sell.
Last tip: Whenever possible, try to go back and read past notes in this blog regarding your stocks. It will help you gain instincts in this business. Gut feeling is quite imortant I think.
Thanks gain for those who sent nice words and gifts!

P.S: Since my average cost for AUTO is $1.08 I have placed a limit order to sell half at $2.16 good-till-cancel. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home