AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Review: I'm Back !

It's good to be back.
I had a fantastic vacation in Korea. Too bad that the Korean soccer team (World Cup 2006) could not beat the Swiss. But the Korean team finished 1st (#1) among the Asian teams. We beat Togo 2-1 and we tied with France 1-1. Asians all over the world cheered for us and I am proud of what Koreans accomplished thus far. See you again in 2010 World Cup.

There are only four teams left to compete to gain the top spot. They are France, Portugal, Italy and Germany. This is very unusual situation. Who would have guessed that Germany beat Argentina and France to upset Brazil! This is why the World Cup is exciting. Did you know that more people around the world watch World Cup compared to the Olympics? The U.S. is finally waking up and realizing that soccer rules ...

Obviously I need to review our holdings ( I was only gone for three weeks you know). Let me show you the percentage gain/loss since my last blog dated 6/7/06.

RICK: $6.54 $6.15 -5.9%
BTYH: $1.37 $1.17 -14.6%
MATK: $28.12 $28.95 +2.9%
IDWD: $0.92 $0.63 plus HLS stock (can't place value on HLS yet)
AUTO: $1.05 $1.19 +13.3%
PRZ: $1.20 $2.05 +70.8%
UTK: $15.92 $20.05 +25.9%
EXPEZ: $5.05 $5.28 +4.5%

So, what do you think? If you look at the above carefully, I think you will agree that we did a fantastic job! Oh, by the way, if you did not buy PainCare Holdings (PRZ) shame on you. Please re-read my blog dated 6/5/06 and 5/25/06. I specifically told you that I was buying more that day. In fact, you could have bought it cheaper than I did. Please read again for my reasoning behind that move. You do not get +70% move in 3 weeks frequently.
PRZ already paid for my vacation and then some : )

Our worst performer while I was gone was Bad Toys Holdings (BTYH) -14.6%. If you have all the stocks in our portfolio and still have money to invest, buy more of BTYH. This represents good value now. No significant news while I was gone. Buy.

IDS Worldwide (IDWD) is reporting some excellent news regarding the core businesses. We have received special stock dividend (1 for 1 HLS stock) in our account. Until HLS stock starts to freely trade, we can not place a correct value to the stock we just received. My gut feeling tells me that it will trade above $1 per share! (we just doubled our money). Let's wait and see.

RICK is still a strong buy. I still say that this stock will be trading in the double digits within a year. Business so far have been excellent. Cash flow is beautiful. Simply taking a rest.

As I have predicted previously, gold has come down from $700+ area to below $600/oz. I am warming up to finally buying gold related stock soon. Wait a few days.
Since we just finished our 2nd quarter of 2006, I will do my accounting of our stocks in my next blog.

P.S: Remember MVK (I said no brainer buy on 5/22 blog) at $43. It is now at $63.20 - Ouch, I did not buy (I told you to buy) - kicking my self right now.

PPS: I have a Chemo session on Monday (7/3). And my birthday is July 5th (7/5). You know what to do. Don't make me upset. When I get upset, I stop typing. You decide ...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ace
Happy birthday !! Keep it up with the excellent picks and rationale behind purchasing them. Love the BLOG.
J.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're going to update your blog today. That was a crazy day in the market. AUTO up almost 60%. MATK 9%.

Well, it's your b-day, so I guess you can take a day off. That is, if you get up early tomorrow before the market opens :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your prediction for AUTO tomorrow?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, mistake above, AUTO up 30% today (over 60% since I bought it). MATK only .14% today. But up over 9% since I bought it.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and want to say it is one of the best investing blogs I have yet to stumble across. Keep up the great work, get some rest, and look forward to reading your great work in the future.

Cheers.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Thanks guys & gals.
I had a wonderful birthday!
I will try to please most of you by doing my work. Keep up the interest, I appreciate it...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home