AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Buy Internet Gold: IGLD

Last Friday we sold half position of IDWD freeing up some cash for new buys (just so you know, I am seeing many potential buys right now). Regarding IDWD, I have decided to keep the other half until further analysis. There are just too many good things happening to IDWD (assuming there is no fraud) for me to totally abandon ship. However, the safest thing to do is to get out. Having said that, when was the last time I chose the safest route?

Investing in stocks by nature is not safe.
Money in the bank is relatively safe ( although banks themselves invest your money for itself ). Basically, you are giving them access to your money so they can profit from it. AceTrader's investment style is definately more riskier than the overall market (we specialize in small companies). How do you explain our +40% gain year to date when the general market lost money? We did it by taking additional risk; calculated & managed risk but added risk to be sure.

We manage risk in three ways:
1. Time 2. Diversification 3. Stock selection
I will devote a whole section regarding RISK soon. For now, just know that I am managing it and that "yours truly" is aware of the issue.

Let's go shopping (Sales season has began).
Internet Gold (IGLD) should ring a bell to anyone who followed this blog for a few months. We sold it ($5.96/sh) for a small loss back in May 17th to free up money for Martek (MATK) purchase. Good move since IGLD is trading at $5.50 now.

Internet Gold-Golden Lines, Ltd. operates in the fields of Internet access, e-content/e-advertising, e-commerce, search, and VoIP-based telephony in Israel. Its subsidiary, MSN Israel, Ltd., offers Microsoft-branded search, instant messaging, Hotmail, and various portal services.

IGLD is a much bigger company now than two months ago when we sold it. It just bought a company (012-Golden Lines) with cash it had (over $60 million in cash) with some financing. Believe me, this was a smart purchase. The combined company will have in excess of $200 million in revenue and about 60-70 cents per share in earnings.

This is a bargain! I am buying.
I am sure that most people will not recognize this value until too late. We have some time - do not chase the stock. Use limit orders for your purchases.

My target for IGLD: $12 per share in 12-24 months.

P.S: Macy's having a "One Day Sale" on July 12th in NY.
You know I love the word Discount and Sale ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea what a good price to buy at would be. Looks like it is going to have a few days of weekness ahead.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Please refer to tomorrow's blog for answers. Thanks for the input. Next time give me your identity - I would like to know my readers. This is a very close community!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home