AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Oil Services Trust (OIH)

As most of you know, investing requires patience.
I happened to have quite a bit of patience and I hope you have too. The current market situation calls for such skills. Yes, being patient is learned skill set. With some of our holdings, we really have no choice but to be patient anyway.

I placed a limit order to sell half of my PRZ shares and it excuted this afternoon at exactly $1.75/share. As I have said before, I decided to sell half because the momentum on PRZ was lost and there are share dilutions expected near term. Having said that, I still like the company and its business - like it enough to hold half position still (for me that's 7,000 shares). Yes, I know that we could have sold it at $2.25/share but we did not. Therefore, I only have about +33.5% gain on this one in less than two (2) months. : )

There are now too many stocks on my buy list - I don't know what to do. In the mean time, while I am waiting, I used proceeds from the PRZ sale to buy Oil Service Trust (OIH). Now, you probably remember that we made some money with OIH previously. We sold it at $165.11 back in May 11th.
I just bought 100 shares at $130.31 this afternoon.
Let me remind you again that you can not buy less than 100 shares of OIH. The minimum is a 100 share lot. Other than that, this is a great basket of Oil related stocks. I like every company in the OIH basket.
I love OIH.

If you still have not bought IGLD this is a good time to add.
Tonight Israel will invade Southern Lebannon with ground troops and tanks. Many people think this is going to be one terrible war.
I disagree. This conflict will end swiftly.
This situation will not have lasting effect on IGLD business in Israel. In fact, it might help. There is no better way to be connected to the rest of the world than through the internet. Internet related business in Israel will boom.
Trust me, you want a piece of that.
See my previous write up for more info on IGLD.

Two days ago, I was able to buy some more of EXPEZ at $4.01/share. As you can see, I am adding to my position while lowering my average cost. At these prices I will keep adding to my position (I can't find a seller these days). By this Christmas, do not be surprised to see me on vacation with money from EXPEZ.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of RCHN, Rouchon Industries Inc.? Recently announced a 400% Increase in Year-to-Date 1st Quarter Earnings.

Worth getting into?

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXPEZ-Why didn't my trade execute?

I'm sure this is stock trading beginners 101, but I put in a limit order on EXPEZ today for 238 shares at $4.00. The stock went down to $3.98, with a volume of 4,472 shares traded.

Why didn't my trade execute; i.e. the stock went below my limit price?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Dear Anonymouses:

I will answer in my next blog. Thanks for the interest. Next time reveal your names at least please? I love to know who's asking...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home