AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Rally ?

I could not type.
This past Monday my oncologist & I decided that we needed to change my chemo drugs. For those medically inclined, I was on FOLFOX program (mix of 3 different drugs). Besides the normal side effects of chemo ( tiredness, nausea, loss of appetite etc.) FOLFOX also makes your hands and feets numb. It effects your nerve endings. When I go hiking, I could not feel my steps, when I try to type I was pushing all the wrong buttons, I could not use my cell phone because my fingers were pushing wrong numbers. And this was only getting worse. Time for a change.

Two days ago I started on a new drug mix called FOLFIRI (almost same cocktail but one different drug: Irinotecan instead of Oxaliplatin). Now this new drug comes with different side effects - stomach aches & diarrhea. Nice.

With all these things happening, I have no time to get bored. Internally (my body) and externally (the world) is in a state of WAR! And I am fully enjoying the fight. Because I happened to have an idea how both will end. (Did you know that the average survival rate for people on either FOLFOX or FOLFIRI chemo is about 15 months?) Anyone interested in learning more about any of above information, just google the key words like "FOLFIRI".

Back to business: Every year about this time, we get a summer rally in the stock market. This is similar to the Santa Clause rally in the winter. So, are we going to get one this year? Things look very bad but I think we might just get one. Why? Because no one is expecting one. The market has a beautiful ability to kill weak hands - amateurs. Do you know how many people I know have said " I will never invest in stocks again - its a fixed gamble - I am out! ".

Last week I told you that the market is oversold and that this week we will have a bounce. Well, do you see what I see? Buyers are slowly coming in. Monday the Dow went up a hair, Tuesday (yesterday) the Dow went up 0.62%, Wednesday (today) the Dow will probably go up even further. Let's see. It is now 6:41am on Wednesday (working hard early in the morning).

My largest holding RICK is acting like an "A" student.
It is now trading quietly in the $7 area. I bet you that you will soon see $8 on this baby. By then those of you who did not go in at $4s/$5s and even $6s will feel terrible. Don't you agree that during this very difficult times in the market RICK is acting nicely? Just imagine when the market turns positive! Wooo - I am getting the chills...

I have not expressed too much about our other "A" student. His name is UTEK (UTK). This company is doing so well that it is almost approaching our "target" price already. A few months ago, we bought this at $14.35/sh. My target for this was about $24/share then. This will definately get there this year ( nice return huh?). In fact, I might just raise my target on this baby soon. I just love what this company does. And they are doing it well. Go visit www.utekcorp.com for your viewing pleasure. If there is any stock that we own which could hit $100/share in the future - it is UTK. Read my past notes on this.

Mr.Bernanki is talking today in the senate about interest rates.
Oil is moving up but OIH is not following yet. (I love OIH).
Gold is taking a breather.
The market will bounce.
Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home