AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, August 07, 2006

MIDS filled...

Sometimes I am almost thankful that I got a chance to exprience cancer first hand. I am a different person because of it. And I like to think that I am different in a good way. I honestly enjoy life much more because of it. Those of you who are not in my shoes - try to understand where I am coming from. Before cancer, I did not excercise - I didn't need to - I was in a good shape - 5'10" tall, 150 lbs, tan and damm good looking I might add : )

Now, I enjoy mountain hiking, go to the pool every other day, spend almost all day with my son, Ace (2 years and 3 months), actually have time to read, get to watch any tv shows I want (I have a cable with HD service and DVR feature with movies-on-demand capability), saw almost 90% of all movies that comes out, and much much more. Are you jealous yet?

The only bad part is that I have to work toward killing the cancer cells in my body. As most of you know, chemo theraphy attacks both cancer cells and the good cells at the same time. So whenever I have a tough time during the chemo, I have to tell myself "as bad as I feel, those cancer suckers are feeling worse". Go get'em chemo.

Today my order for MIDS got filled at $1.33/share as per my last note. Now I almost have a full position in MIDS ( 8,700 shares at $1.37 average cost). By the way, MIDS closed at $1.60 today. Those of you who want in, relax, you still have time. I don't anticipate any major move in this any time soon. However, by this X-mas, MIDS should show it's true colors. Woo - I can't wait!

My gut tells me that RICK will hit over $8 sometime this week. Watch.

IDWD will have some news tomorrow morning. Better be good.

PRZ is trying its best to jump over the $2 mark. Jump baby.

AUTO is quietly doing its job - making money for us. Nice.

Most importantly, Mr. Bernanke will speak his mind tomorrow at 2:15pm. Market will move soon after in a major way. I sincerely do not care whether the market goes up or down. I actually hope that it goes down - I still need to add to my position.
If it goes up - nice.
If it goes down - I am a buyer.
Either way, I am happy : )
You should be too. Get your ammos ready.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what brokerage do you use? I tried to buy MIDS today and it said this is a restricted security. I am starting to suspect that my broker sucks. Any ideas?

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@rajeev
Sorry to bulge in, but I use Scottrade and was able to buy it without any issues. Which brokerage are you using?

-Matic

2:03 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

To all:
I use Fidelity Active Trder Pro. The top five online brokers such as Ameritrade, Scott trade, E-Trade, Fidelity and Charles schwarb are all fine. No matter what, do not pay more than $12/trade for stocks over $1 per share transaction. Trading cost is a big item in the end. That's how brokers make $.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Ameritrade

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home