AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

IDS Worldwide (IDWD)

Let us agree on one thing.
Besides the fact that Acetrader's portfolio performed nicely, it also carries a fair amount of excitement. IDWD went up +17.24% today to $0.68/share. I have said many times that this is the most volatile stock in our porfolio. It carries the highest risk/reward ratio.

There was an announcement today stating that by August 4th, we will have definitive answer regarding the buyout of IDWD shares by HLS. If the deal closes, HLS will pay $2.35/share in cash for IDWD shares without the 995ad.com division. By the way, August 4th is this Friday. The question remains; why does IDWD shares trade at only $0.68/share when there is a deal on the table for $2.35/share? It is obviously because most investors do not believe that this deal will be consumated.

If you followed my blog carefully, we sold half of our position at $0.93/share back in July 7th. for a small profit. Guess what. I just bought back those shares today at $0.57/share. If you bothered to look, IDWD traded as low as $0.49 today. What a move! I had an open limit order for IDWD shares at $0.57 and it automatically excuted. IDWD is still the smallest position in our portfolio. Next two days will be exciting...

As you know, I have two other open limit orders outstanding.
#1. Buy order for MIDS at the limit of $1.41 (remember we lowered the price from $1.51 to $1.41 few days ago). Today MIDS traded as low as $1.42! I missed it by a penny! Ouch. I'll wait for my price patiently.

#2. Buy order for EXPEZ at the limit of $3.55 ( I am still accumulating these warrants and lowering my average cost). Today EXPEZ traded as low as $3.56! It traded over 67,000 shares! Again, I missed it by a penny! This closed at $4.19 today.

As you can see, I have several fishing rods (buy orders) in the pond.
I place a price I want (the bait) and I wait. Sometimes they come so close but no catch. However, I did catch IDWD at $0.57 today. Let's hope the deal goes through.

On a personal note, I disconnected my chemo injection today (had it since Monday). I also received Neulasta injection to promote white blood cell count. And I had to drink contrast solution as well as getting dye injection in order to receive CT scan on my body. My body feels like there's half blood and half chemical in my veins. Oh, well - this is a game I have to play to win. In the mean time I will do my best to update my blog for all of you.

P.S: President Bush's annual physical went just fine. He is very healthy except that he gained 5 pounds since the last check up. He just became 60 years old. Good luck Mr. President.

PPS: AUTO just announced 2nd quarter earnings. Revenue was up over +30% and net income was up over +58%! Wow. Fantastic business selling for less than half the sales figure. Let's watch if other investors also liked the numbers too. This is great news...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home