AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, August 14, 2006

No guts, no glory (IDWD)

Please go back and re-visit my notes from Aug. 2nd & 4th for IDWD story. I have expressed numerous times that IDWD is the most volatile stock in our portfolio. If you know what you are doing, volatility is your best friend. But I assumed that most readers are either new to investing or semi-professionals where taking extra risk is not advisable until you have few hundred trades under your belt. I specifically said that I was selling half and holding the other half until further developement. Well here is a developement for you.

IDWD jumped +76.1% to close at $1.25/share.

Last Friday, at 12:30pm, I bought 10,000 shares of IDWD at $0.685 and placed a limit order to sell it at $1.09/share (a price I thought it might hit soon - I knew there will be some news). I also knew that I could not be trading on Monday since I will be getting my chemo injection all day. Oh, by the way, I was told by my oncologist that my cancer tumor grew in size slightly (half an inch) in my abdomen area (not a good area to habor tumors - they are having a field day in there). This is bad news. Very bad. My doctor decided to introduce one more drug to my already full plate of chemo drugs. It is called "Erbitux" made by non other than Imclone Systems (IMCL). If you can remember, Ms. Martha Stewards went to jail for buying IMCL stock before the major jump due to FDA approval of the "Erbitux"! This is high tech stuff guys - monoclonal antibody made by combining proteins from human and mouse tissue (what? rat proteins in my blood?). Nice.

Anyway, the limit order was excuted at 10:01am this morning - and I did not even know it until this afternoon (I jsut love stop limit orders). This was pure luck. A gain of +59% in two days! Basically, HLS agreed to purchase IDWD stck for $2.35 per share. More news will be out tomorrow. If you know how to check stock news at Yahoo Finance, do it. Now, here's a question for you. If a company called HLS agreed to pay $2.35 for IDWD, why is the stock at $1.25? We've been here before many times. Investors do not fully believe that this will occur. What do I think? I honestly can't tell you for sure. All I am saying is that I still hold 10,000 shares just in case. And I jump in & out of IDWD in the mean time to take advantage of this volatility. Remember, we also made over+50% gain in two days back in August 4th. Bottom line: if you can afford to take the risk, move in and sell it near $2. Where's good entry point? Near $1.

Some (I mean some) people are selling RICK on the good news. Don't worry, the stock will move up in time. Hold on.

Matic, EXPEZ is going up too - say hi to my fans in Washington.

XMSR is down to my buy range - but let's wait till it moves up. I'd rather pay $12 going up than $10 going down - you know what I mean.

You konw that I trade OIH in & out. Made good $ with this one (trade between $130 - $150). Go back and revisit my OIH trades. It is again coming down to my buy range. Recently we sold this at $141.31 on July 26th for a gain of +8.3% in three (3) days.

Are you noticing that IGLD & MIDS are slowly moving up? We already have gain of +34.25% in MIDS (our cost was $1.37). Don't worry, I don't think MIDS will have any significant move until major news comes up - which I don't know when. But know this, Acetrader has 8,700 shares that says there will be news soon.

I knew PRZ lost its mojo. We will buy this back if it comes close to $1.25/share. We sold this one last week at $1.98 for a gain of +52.2% in two months.

Now, I am really tired.

P.S: Israel/Lebanon cease fire = great news. Wishing the best for parties involved. Too much blood over there - this is why I love America.

PPS: I am smelling something fishy from the way market moved today. As per my note few days ago, "Danger Ahead". We will short QQQQ if it goes below $36.20 using (buying) QID shares. I don't want to do this but I feel that we may have to. If QQQQ goes below $36.20 I will be buying QID looking for 8-10% gain in few days. If instead the market rallys, with QQQQ going above $37.70, we are long (another words buy) QLD looking for similar gains.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you missed this story about XM satellite radio in the WSJ.. here it is: "Until Recently Full of Promise,
Satellite Radio Runs Into Static" http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115560663063635815.html?mod=technology_featured_stories_hs

Interesting read. I thought you might be interested since you have been tracking XM for a few weeks now.

-Joseph (a.k.a. Matic)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Matic:

I welcome articles like that. We are very close to buying XMSR. The bottom line is this. XMSR will exchange hands at a much higher price than currently. Most people do not see the value in this stock. Anything you wish for me to read, please forward them to me.
P.S: BTW, people had similar views on EXPE too. You just watch where these stocks end up by X-mas...

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure. Will do, if i bump into any interesting stories of companies you are tracking.

On another note.. IGLD reported record earnings today, and the stock barely bulged (i have 1500 shares of this baby). I'm curious to hear your comments on today's action for IGLD.

Also, where can i view the 10Q statement of a company, such as IGLD? I couldnt find any link from their site.

-Joseph

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home