AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nam Tai (NTE)

The market seems to have found something it liked. Good earnings reports couldn't do it, end of Israel conflict couldn't do it either. However, tame inflation number did it. Stocks went up fast and furious the last three days. Even recent loosers like Dell & Ebay went up. And of course we took advantage of it by trading the QQQQ.

Allow me to paste exact words from last night's post:
"Tomorrow, I expect the QQQQ to take a little breather. If it gets close to $39 we will go short (buy QID) for a quick 2% gain for the day. I will tell you how that goes."

Well let me tell you how it went. QQQQ went as high as $38.98 (I would consider this to be close to $39). We bought QID at $65.82 (12:20pm) and we sold it at $66.90(2:39pm) for a gain of 1.64% for the day (well, 2 hours to be exact -I use 2,000 share lots for these trades). Before the market close, we again bought QID back at $66.40 hoping for 2%+ gain tomorrow (swing trade it's called). Once again, these day trade gains are "not" being counted in our Acetrader portfolio performances. This is only a quick glimps into what I do during the day. Watch for QID action tomorrow - if it hits $67.7 then we got our 2% in the bag.

We have a new buy candidate. Similar to our recent buy XMSR, this one offers compelling value. I am glad that the wall street does not understand the value in Nam Tai Electronics (NTE).
Nam Tai Electronics, Inc. provides manufacturing and design services to telecommunication and consumer electronic original equipment manufacturers. This is the synopsis:

1. NTE's revenue is growing and it will continue.
2. NTE is profitable (positive operating cash flow).
3. It is a survivor among its competitors.
4. NTE decided to use its cash wisely by investing in the new plants.
5. Currently, close to half of its market value is in cash.
6. Both trailing & forward PE ratio is 10X.
7. Priced at just over half of expected 07' revenue of $1.2 billion.
8. NTE stock is on a serious sale price.
Just buy it now near $15 and hold. This may be a long term holding for us. I like Nam Tai. I have not purchased it yet for Acetrader portfolio. I will do so in the next few days. My friend Siyu shares my feeling on this. His site is at: http://leopardstrategy.blogspot.com/

I think we will have beautiful 4th quarter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home