AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Quick Summary: (QID)

As expected (see my last note), this Monday was a negative day. Everything went down except for Oil, Gold and our IDWD & EXPE - I will talk about this later. Before I get into the summaries of our holdings, let me tell you about our another successful QQQQ trade. If you read my last note, I told you about my setup for QID trade. We bought it on Friday at $66.24 (expecting a negative Monday) and hoped for a quick +2% trade. Well, this morning, we sold it for $67.66 for a gain of +2.15% (our expectation was to sell at $67.56 but we were able to squeez out another dime on this trade). Actually, QID went as high as $67.99! Our goal is to sell near high - not actual high (because I don't know ). Anyway, I hope the last few trades I shared with you helped you gain some knowledge into what day trades are like. I will admit that I was lucky to "ace" all trades I have shared with you. I hope this trend continues - for my sake.

Quick summaries of our holdings:

RICK: Hold on. Nothing has changed. U sell it = U regret it.
AUTO: This is value. Buy if u don't own it.
UTK: People still ask me what price to pay for this. The current price is acceptable. This is one of my favorite long term holdings.
BTYH: Numbers just came out. Not too hot. They need to refinance debt soon. When it does, it will pop. Too cheap for me to throw in the towel. Insiders are selling but I am holding. U decide. This is the only looser in our portfolio. Acetrader owns 20,000 shares. U decide.
MIDS: This has been inching up lately. Our cost is $1.37 - I can not tell you the date but my expection is - this will go up so fast that when it does, you can not afford to buy it then.
EXPEZ: Everything went down today especially the members of QQQQ (Expedia is a proud member of QQQQ). EXPE went up bucking the trend. This is a good sign. Institutions are slowing accumulating this stock. Do expect wall street to come out with a buy reccomemdation on EXPE sometime soon. I can smell it. If you do not own EXPEZ by now, I can not help you. It is a free country.
IDWD: Very exciting! Money is flowing into IDWD. Please go and read the news on this stock! As you know I recently added another 10,000 shares to a total of 20,000 shares now. I am beginning to believe Mr. Down's (CEO) story. Still the most risky among our holdings but I think you can make money with this one. Buy near $1 and sell it near $2? Go!
MATK: No major news. Same business. Every baby needs DHA/ARA in the milk. This business will grow and Martek is the clear leader. Hold for higher price.
IGLD: Simply put, IGLD is making money and through the recent acquisition, it will double its revenue. Being an Israel based company, it is not fully showing its true worth right now. OK, so we will wait then. As long as you make more money every quarter, you're not "fired".
XMSR: Our most recent buy. Holding up quite well. Read my previous notes for more info. Take my word for it. XMSR will trade at higher price later.
NTE: We told you to buy NTE recently but we have not bought it ourselves just yet. Anything near $15 will be OK. Acetrader will buy this soon. I am giving you a head start :)

That's all of our current holdings. I hope this helps. Try to refer my past notes for more details on above stocks. This week looks weak - we will get up and down motion without any meaningful upward move. The market is trying to decide whether to go up from here or to go down again. It doesn't matter. Our stocks will do just fine. I will publish our actual YTD performance numbers at the end of August (next week). My guess is that we will be up +50% or so. I hope you are up just as much - you all certainly had an opportunity to do so if you followed closely. Good night.

P.S: Watch for Gold and Oil to move up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Looks like you were bang-on right on XMSR. Nice.

-Joseph

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in your qid trades and I am not sure if you traded qid today. Please keep on posting your day trades frequently if not daily.
you seem to be a genious.
PS. I bought 1000 shares of xmsr at 9.97 and another 1000 shares at 12.87 on you suggestion and it is going up as predicted by you.
I wish you good health.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home