AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Our Eleven (11) Players

Tomorrow I will be getting colonoscopy at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center located at 67th street, New York City. Translation: It is my day off. Doctors will put me under (this actually feels good in a weird way) and they will enter my anus and have a field day. Luckily, I won't be up to witness their various activities. Let's cross our fingers and hope they see nothing unusal.

For the last two or three days, I could not eat anything. Drinking OJ was a problem too (it stings). My dinner for the last three days was Haagen-Dazs (chocolate chip flavor). I now weight just under 138lbs. I just need to get over this phase of my therapy. Pray for me.

You need to understand that this market is in the process of making its mind up. Take today's action for instance, QQQQ opened at $38.26 then it went stright down and by noon it was at $37.92 ( I am sure some of you took my advise and earned some profit using QID) then, it jumped stright up and closed at $38.25 - basically no change from the open. I took a profit today by actually shorting the QID in the afternoon (shorting QID is no different than buying QLD but QID was trading at higher premium to NAV so I decided to short instead).

RICK just acquired a new club in San Antonio Texas. It is excuting its business plan like a clock work - I like that in a stock. Another stock that keeps excuting is UTK. It just received 36 million shares of Material Technologies Inc. common stock. UTK is a great buy at current prices. Our core holdings such as RICK, UTK, MATK seem boring to some of you but these will make us rich. Our new hires such as EXPEZ, XMSR, NTE will show its colors soon. And we have our share of excitement from IDWD, MIDS,BTYH. Both AUTO and IGLD are working hard for us. They are quiet but look at its numbers, it is working very hard indeed.

When the time comes, we will certainly have to "fire" some of them. It will be hard to let go but we must. Remember what happened to PRZ when we said "you're fired!". We said good bye at $1.97 and it is now trading at $1.44 ( it was as low as $1.22 yesterday). I am constantly looking for a new draft. But I am also almost fully invested. In order to afford a new, better player, we may have to exchange (trade) players. We may have do that soon.

Once again, things don't look too good for tomorrow. It all depends what Mr. Bernanke says tomorow. And I have no idea what he will say. All I know is that the market does not think he will raise rates again. If he says anything regarding the rates having a small chance to be raised, the market will fall like a rock. It's OK. We know how to utilize QID. Right? I taught you well. Again, wish me luck tomorrow. Trade carefully.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace,
I just graduated with a background finance and am learning so much abt the market from you. I hope you get well soon and wish you the best of luck~!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

A:

My advise is to get real life experience first before pursuing the MBA. Looking back, I could have learned so much more from my MBA days...
Good luck and keep he comments coming.
P.S: Ace is my son'e name. I prefer you call me Jaewoo. Go back and see my past notes - some of it is actually good : )

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be strong, friend. I'm sure you will be just fine :)

-Joseph

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo:

Our prayers to you....
Curious how you like the new massage chair? Wish to see you soon.

Siyu

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home