AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

IGLD & NTE: DBC & USO

I have been in pain. Major pain.
My oncologist suggested that we delay my chemo injection for a week. So next Monday I will not be receiving my usual dose. My body will definately appreciate that. My cancer buddies will definately thank me too. Let me give you one of those useless interesting info. Do you know what the word "cancer" actually mean? It's root is greek and it is a combination of two words: "crab" + "ulcer". Crabs, if you ever got bitten by one ( I have) will not let go. Even if you kill it, it still hangs on you. Crabs can't even walk normally. It is one of very few living things that walk side ways. And most importantly, crabs eat just about anything.

Cancer cells, unlike normal cells in your body, do not look pretty. It is hard, uneven shape and it just looks disgusting. It grabs all the nutrients from surrounding areas (huge appetite) and grows exponentially. It is obviously very stupid because if the host (me) dies, it dies with it. Oh, by the way, in Chinese writing the word "cancer" consist of three small words: "wrong" + "three mouth" + "mountain". Which basically means " there are as many bad mouths as there are mountains" (there are many mountains in China). All these meanings in one Chinese letter. Interesting?

These days everyone is talking about the Dow hitting all time high. News reporters are focusing on whether we will hit this today or tomorrow (as if this is so important). Just so you know, not too many people own the Dow. But if you want, you can buy DIA which will give you same performance as the Dow. I, too agree that DIA is a good investment at this point. But it is not my cup of tea.

IGLD: Those of you who owned this are sitting pretty. It is in a major uptrend now. Just crossed 200 day Moving average too. It was as high as $6.22 today. Consider this: 2 months ago, this was at $4.20

NTE: Owners of Nam Tai (as of 9/27) will be receiving cash dividend of $0.38 per each shares they own (early October). A little something (worth about 3%) for you While-U-Wait. Nice..

For those of you who could not participate in OIH trades (minimum 100 shares at $130 or so) should consider XES. This will perform just like the OIH. Keep this on your radar.

You want a pure Oil trade? Buy and sell USO.

You want a commodity basket that contains: Oil + Gold + Aluminum + wheat + Corn ? Buy and sell DBC.

Yes, I am still holding my JNPR short position (in my trading account). It did not go up enough for me to double down and I am still waiting. Remember. I am looking for 7-10% in a few trading days.
Chow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo,

There are many people out there who are praying for you, so stay strong! :)

I have a question about IDWD. I got in at $1.41 (so i'm down about $25%- bad entry point, i know). They were supposed to have come out with a press release about the HLS buy-out this week, but no news. No news is bad news in this case? I looked at one of your previous posts and you mentioned you already got dividends from HLS. So are you still optimistic that this deal with materialize?

Thanks/
-Jo

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

I am still hanging on. No news is obviously bad news but there are so much going on with IDWD that I can not sell at this point. Let's wait another week or so. I am nervous as well.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm delighted to hear that your chemotherapy seems to be working, and I'm sorry about your side affects. I admire your teaching ability.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home