AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, September 25, 2006

NASCAR experience

As per my previous note, I was at the Dover 400 NASCAR race held in Dover, Delaware. Obviously, this was my first experience of the NASCAR race scene. Let's just say that I was amazed. Upon arrival at the stadium, I could not believe the sheer size of the place. Over 100,000 spectators were in the seats. To be precise, the Dover 400 International Speedway accomodates 140,000 people.
What? --- Yes, 140,000!

Have you ever been in a stadium with 140,000 people? I haven't. There was a quick fire works to signal the start of the engines. Oh, the engines, I mean the sound of the engines. It is very loud - but in a satisfying sort of loud, you know what I mean? The smell of the tires melting, the loud sound of the engines, people jumping up and down to cheer their respective cars, are all the ingredients of this popular sport (fastest growing spectator sport).

By now, you know that I am somewhat of a curious cat. I just had to experience for myself why so many people spend big money to watch cars go around in circles (400 circles I mind you). By the way, I am already looking for tickets for the next races. There are several races left in this year: Atlanta, N.Carolina, Virginia, Kansas and of course Talladega, FL. I will tell you which one I will be at once tickets are in my possession. Maybe you can join me?

The race lasts about 4 hours (no, it is not boring 4 hours either). One thing you should know: out of the 100,000+ people, I saw two African-Americans and no Asians. Isn't that weird? This is the whitest sport I have ever seen; more so than even the Ice Hocky. But I'll bet you that this will change fast. We, the asians love thrills and dangers. I just think that most asians are not introduced properly to this exciting sport. You bet that I will change that too.

Business: The market is trying very hard to hit the new high for the year. It will definately get there - the only question is; will it go lower first ? or are we going to go stright up from here. The Dow 30 hit the low in June 13th and the QQQQ hit the low in June 18th. I think that these will be the actual lows for the year for both indices. I seriously doubt that it will go lower than it already did (great news isn't it?). Be ready to buy on the dips.

EXPEZ: Nomal daily volume is about 12,000 shares. Today it traded almost 69,000 shares! Someone today bought 55,000 shares at $5.75 at 10:30 am. Hmmm - I smell good things to come soon.

UTK: Just buy this at current prices. It closed today at $19.90 (cheap, cheap)

Keep adding to XMSR, NTE and RICK.

For those interested, in my trading account I bought GDX: I think gold is finished taking a rest. As I have said many times, I am very bullish on both Gold and Oil in the long term. Just so you know, my goal for the trading account is a few percentage points in a few days. See ya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo

Looks like you had a good time at the race. Glad you are back.

I had a question. In your note you mentioned "Someone today bought 55,000 shares at $5.75 at 10:30 am". Where do you get this information from? I tried checking all over yahoo finance, my scottrade account, and even my fidelity account - but i still cant where you got that information from.

Any pointers?

-Jo

1:24 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Jo:

See tomorrow's blog for answers.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home