AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Why Acetrader?

Originally intended for friends and families (and mostly for myself), Acetrader was designed to educate and communicate with people close to me and my family. Somehow the community grew to a few hundred within the last few months. As long as we learn and respect each other, I guess I see no harm in sharing information with "strangers". You will not be considered a "stranger" as long as you introduce yourself to us (through the comment section). I have had many pleasures in meeting like minded people through this blog. In fact, some have came and met with me in person (we went out, dined together and even went on hiking together for some). Please try to introduce yourself when you send me a comment for the first time (your name & where you are from is sufficient). I like to have some feeling when sending your answers. Thanks.

I like to offer my sincere gratitude to those who have prayed for me. Although I truly believe I might be the top few percent of people who may survive (defined as living 5 or more years) stage IV colon cancer, the real statistics show that over 90% die within the first five years with average survival time of about 9.5 months. Since my surgery was back in November 2005, I have offically passed the "average" survival time by 2 months! Yeh!
Yes, I am still ticking and feeling awsome.

So, in the mean time, why follow Acetrader?
Does it offer value; enough to spend about 10 minutes of your time logging in and read? Well you decide. My goal isn't to increase traffic to my site (notice I do not have google ads?). My goal is to touch someone that may be helped by my efforts. It would give me pleasure in knowing that I am helping someone. Being financially independent, should be the goal of every man and women. It is very difficult to help others when you are in need of help yourself. I also have noticed that people who are financially comfortable have more compassion toward others. Basically, they can afford it. Time, compassion, energy, will power, creativity are all connected to MONEY.

Do you know what is the biggest challenge in stock investing is?
#1. When the stock price moves up, is it time to sell or buy?
#2. When the stock goes down, is it time to load up or dump it?

Well, that's why you might want to read Acetrader.
Case in point #1: when we bought PRZ near $1 and it quickly moved near $2 within two months, I advised you to sell. It is now at $1.37
Case in point #2: our worst performer BTYH is down from $1.46 (our cost) to current $0.63/sh. I just told you (yesterday) that I am adding more at these levels (meaning - buy). How much clearer can you get?
Case in point #3: Our top holding RICK went from $4.80 (our cost) to current $8.14 in just over 6 months. What to do? I said this many times, RICK will trade in double digits soon (meaning - buy). Why would I still own 5,250 shares (which is much bigger than my usual unit) if I thought that it is fairly or over valued? Take a hint: this is our largest holding still.

The best way to follow Acetrader:
1. Decide on your unit size for one stock (Minimum should be at least $2,000 due to trading costs)
2. Among the stocks in our portfolio, pick your first few until you have all the stocks (diversify I say; but do not over diversify 12-15 is more than enough).
3. Print and Read previous notes ( this will ensure that we are on the same page)
4. Ask questions and share ideas with us.
5. Go to #1 and increase the unit size (our unit size is about 15-20K).

Answers to yesterday's questions in comment section:
1. I have no idea what "Iners" means. Please re-send.
2. QID is not illiquid for most of us. For my trading account, I trade between 1,000-3,000 shares. The average volume of QID is over 1.3 million shares per day. This is more than enough for small investors like us. We simply do not engage in "futures" period. LEAPS are more expensive than ETFs (bid/ask spread) and besides, my average time in QID is less than two days. One do not get into LEAPS for a day or two.
3. IDWD is a speculative hold. Remember, as I have said many times, this is the most risky stock we own. Having said that, we have made serious money on IDWD, moving in and out. Please read all the recent news regarding the stock. There are simply too many good things going on with this company right now. Let's give the management another week so so.
4. Jo: How are you?
5. Please go back and read my analysis on XMSR. This is a "buy" right now.

Let's get one thing clear: I will not sell or buy anything without letting you know ASAP. With some exceptions, I write almost every trading day. You will know if I thought XMSR is no good anymore. Although things can change overnight, they rarely do. Buy means buy until I say otherwise. Do not listen to too many people or news. Pick your advisors (quarterbacks) and stick with them until you feel he/she is wrong for you. Trust someone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!! I am really glad your health is staying steady and I pray for further good health. I know you can totally beat this thing. That being said, you made me really hungry yesterday talking about that steak:)

As for RICK, I noticed it oscillates a lot. Do you think it is wise to sell when it peaks, like now, and buy during the dips?

Rajeev Kadam
San Jose, CA

1:53 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Rajeev:

Nice to hear from California.
Quick answer: NO.
RICK is not a good trading vehicle.
If you want to take advantage of movements, try IDWD instead. We have done quite well with this one. Also, I'd rather trade various ETFs to trade than individual stocks - too many unknown variables with one stock.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Fidelio:

MATK will not move until there's a news regarding new revenue sources such as Kellogg. Until then, it is a hold forever.

AUTO: read my new notes.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. Thank god I did not trade RICK cause it is on FIRE!!! You rock, thank you so much for you advice. This is the most honest no BS blog about investing I have found yet so far.

Hope you are doing well, stay positive. We are all praying for ya!

Raj
California

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home