AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My CEA level: STMP

My oncologist, Dr. Chung at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY, just got married last Saturday. He is the only Korean oncologist at the hospital. Dr. Chung has impeccable record as an oncologist and that's why I chose him as my "quarterback" in the battle against colon cancer. Just so you know, I am doing quite well so far. I feel that the new drug I am taking (erbitux by Imclone Systems: IMCL) is having positive effect on my cancer cells. My current CEA (carcino embryonic antigen: tumor marker) level in my blood is 4.4 - prior to my surgery in last October, the CEA level was a whopping 130! (lower number is better).

Normally, I would have recommended Imclone (IMCL), a biotech firm as our potential investment idea but I happened know that Pfizer(PFE) is about to release a new drug that will compete directly against the erbitux. When a giant pharma like Pfizer is on your ass, you know you're in trouable - just look at the price chart of IMCL. Stay away.

Now, it's time for me to introduce our recent investment:

Stamps.com, Inc. (STMP) provides Internet-based postage solutions. Its service allows customers to buy and print United States Postal Service approved postage. The company offers PC Postage service that enables users to print information-based indicia or electronic stamps, directly onto envelopes, plain paper, or labels using ordinary laser or inkjet printers. Stamps.com also offers PhotoStamps, a form of postage that allows consumers to turn digital photos, designs, or images into valid U.S. postage.

STMP enjoys almost monopoly like status as an online postage solutions. As recently as this May, STMP traded as high as $40/share. There are two reasons why this is now selling at $15. First, potential competitor has emerged. Second, a billing problem caused lower than expected revenue in the latest quarter. I believe that both problems are not as significant a problem as many see it. In any case, I welcome these kinds of temporary mishaps by otherwise fine growth companies. We just got 60% off sale from Stamps.com.

Acetrader has bought initial position of STMP at $15.08/share. Try to add this in your portfolio slowly - there will be many chances for you to buy this at favorable prices. I just love shopping...

The general market seems way overbought. I smell a downturn sooner rather than later. So, do not chase to buy stocks. Be patient.

P.S: IDWD will come out with some positive news tomorrow. Hmmm, what could it be? This is one crazy stock for sure.

PPS: My initial position in XMSR was at $11.20/share. If this goes to $9 and change I will be a buyer yet again. Let's hope that it gets there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home