AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Smile: IGLD

Just so we are on the same page, I am having difficult time eating anything solid. The mouth sore is here again. This will last at least a week. Trust me, I know. The worst part is that I am a person who really enjoys food. I weight about 140 pounds now. I don't eat a lot but I enjoy good food. Let me put it to you this way; during college (Washington University) I was the head of my fraternity "Tekes" (TKE: the largest social fraternity in USA - President Regan was a Teke too). In addition, I was the chair for the "food commitee". Yes, my responsibility was to find good food at great prices. By the way, the commitee still meets to this date. Basically, I have been a chairman for over 15 years now. Remember our deal: Anyone who reads this blog regularly, buys food for me when we meet. I never meet with anyone without food being involved somehow.

The Dow has officially touched 12,000 level and as I expected, the market is ready to take a brief rest before resuming the up trend. My QID holdings in my trading account is becoming very profitable indeed. This will last at least a few more days. Today, I will update you on a new rising star in our portfolio: Internet Gold (IGLD). This has been hitting new highs for a while. Anyone who still does not own this yet: Woooo, I am sorry, I only told you 10 different times : )

This is why you want to own IGLD:

1. Internet Gold is the "mother" company of two different companies.
1a. Smile.Communications: International telephony business
1b. Smile.Media: IP media business in Israel

2. The company recently rebranded itself under "Smile" brand.

3. :-) this is the logo.

4. Over 20 consecutive quarters of positive net income and positive cash flow - wow.

5. Last quarter: Revenue +29% Operating Income +43%

6. Just bought controlling interest in 012-Golden Lines (this will be part of Smile.Communications)

7. Smile.Communications is now the #2 player in Israel's ISP and international telephony business.

8. Smile.Media owns the MSN of Israel - nice.

9. Mr. Eli Holtzman, the CEO of IGLD, was also the CEO of Israel's largest advertising agency and he will now focus his efforts on investors relations (most investors do not know about IGLD - but you do)

10. IGLD is a "controlled company". Shaul and Yossef Elovitch (brothers) own 12,683,135 of the 18,431,500 million shares of IGLD (this represents about 69.74% of the company and they told me that they are not selling).

Bottom Line: As the company grows and more investors get introduced to IGLD, the stock price ($7.58) will go up nicely. Most of us bought this in the $4's and $5's. We will be selling (maybe) in the $10's and $20's - it's that simple. Please visit the company website at www.igld.com

Aren't you glad that you have someone doing all the homeworks for you? And I do this in quite a detailed basis. I do deserve food when we meet OK?

Traders: I still hold QID. Took profits in shorting PCLN (shorted $40.82 covered $39.99). AKAM looks oversold (I love its business) looking to go long anytime now. Just shorted AXR - will let you now. The market will slow down a bit before jumping again.

P.S: Google (GOOG) now at $418 will go onto an all time high soon (all time high was at $475).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaewoo said...

Gus:

My bad. I am used to dealing with close friends and families. I forgot that you're a semi-pro.

And yes, I am sometmes worry about people blindly following my writing without due dilligence.

You know what? That's how they learn anyway. We're all adults here aren't we? I am not going to worry now. Thanks.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scottrade had only 100 shares of axr to short. shorted 100 shares at the open at 71.80
intend to cover at 60.
gus

12:17 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Gus:

I use Fidelity and I had no problem shorting 1,000 shares. I have heard numerous times about Scottrade myself. Time to join Fidelity maybe?

For traders, shorting is as important as going long ...

Again, your call.

P.S: You owe me a steak dinner :)

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home