AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Motorola Q: BTYH

Regular readers know that I suffered a major sore mouth about two weeks ago. Basically there is no cure for this and you simply have to wait it out until the sores heal back which takes about 10 -14 days. That was bad. I could not eat for two weeks.

Now, do you know what's worse? Can you imagine what it feels like to eat things that taste like plain paper? Chicken, beef, shrimp, you name it - they all taste like chewing white paper. Luckily, this is a temporary situation I was told. Chemo therapy does many weird things to your body. It slowly kills you. I just hope to god that those cancer cells are suffering more than I do.

Great news: Bad Toys (BTYH) just announced that it filed necessary papers to go ahead and spin-off the Southland subsidiary with the SEC. BTYH will distribute 75% of the new shares to the existing shareholders (that's us). It will keep the remaining 25% with the BTYH shares. Why is this a good news? Because I feel that the new Southland shares will fetch much higher multiple than it currently gets. Translation: Higher stock price ahead. The actual approval has not come yet but I see no reason why this will not occur. You should all know that Acetrader bought extra 10,100 shares at $0.62 on October 5th. We now own 30,100 shares.

IDWD is coming up with many good news fundamentally. However, the price has not been with the program if you know what I mean. Potential homerun candidates will do this to you. It is trying to get rid of weak hands. I will be hanging tough since I am playing with the house money at this point. We took several big profits on this one in the recent past. HOLD.

I just got my first ever PDA cell phone. The "Motorola Q" is the name. Now, I can trade stocks while I am in the hospital bed with needles sticking out here and there. I am officially dangerous. I will let you know the first stock trade excuted on my phone soon. What a technology! This is why I am so bullish on QQQQ long term.

Short term wise, I am short QQQQ now. I truly feel that the market is over extended. I do not see much gains without some pull back soon. Thus, I am bearish in the short run. Although I did not publish in this pages, I went short ICE three days ago. Shorted at $87.50 covered at $84.50 but it is now at $77.30! Ouch. Do you want my next trade idea? I am looking at three short candidates: PCLN $41.09 / OMG $58.07 / AXR $65.89 (these are closing prices).

Tomorrow, I will probably short PCLN in addition to the QID I already own.
Good luck Gus!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Following your foot steps I also shorted pcln 1000 at 40.36 and 500 omg at 47.99 and am keeping 2500 shares of qid at 57.20
keep up the good work.
gus

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Gus:

The 3 stocks mentioned were just candidates. I did not mean to short all of them. If you have gains, get out now. I shorted PCLN at $40.82 toward the end of the day. Covered at $39.99 this morning.

QID is going our way as expected...

In my quick trades, I get 1-3% gain and I am out. Even if I have trade it again. Re-group, you know what i mean? Good luck.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your advice. I some times feel you think too much about other peoples safety.
But the 500 shares of OMG I shorted at 57.99 I want to cover at 56 and 1000 shares of PCLN which i shorted at 40.36 i want to cover at 36. And 2500 shares of qid I bought at average price of 57.20 i want to sell at 60.
looking at their charts the chance of this happening in the next couple of days seems quite high.
As usual i am waitnig for your next blog.
Gus

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home