AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

MidasTrade.com: MIDS

Another weekend has passed.
Do you even realize that there are only 10 weekends left in this year? Next month (November) is my one year anniversary of being a "cancer" patient. This is a good sign - the average survival time for stage IV colon cancer patient is about 9.5 months. Now, officially, I am above average. Obviously, the next key date is November 2007! Wish me luck...

United States has a population of just under 300 million people. If you were to count by the number of "households" we have over 100 million households. Guess how many of these households are consist of "married" couples? Try less than half! We now have more "divorced" or "single" houses than married family households. This is a problem. A real problem for those kids. Sometimes having both a father and a mother isn't enough. If you are missing one, you are really missing a lot. The real sad part is that many of those kids do not even know what they are missing. We really need to do a better job in this regard. Let's spend more quality time with our kids: sons/daughters/cousins/nephews/neighbors and grand kids.

One of the more quiet stock in our portfolio is Midas. The truth is that there were no real news to report to you recently. Please re-visit my article dated 8/4 and 7/31 (this should help). This company is young and new (trade in the Pink sheets) so it is very difficult to get detailed info. However, I have done my own due dilligence and I feel that this offers more upside than down side. Connecting the investors between Korea and the U.S. is a big deal. Koreans love to trade. They trade a lot. And, they have the money! I have confirmed that MIDS has signed deals with the top Korean brokerage houses. Please read the latest news below:

BUENA PARK, CALIFORNIA, Oct 13, 2006 (CCNMatthews via COMTEX) -- MidasTrade.com Inc. (PINK SHEETS:MIDS) will host a conference call for shareholders and members of the financial community on Monday, October 23, 2006 at 4:00 PM EST / 1:00 PM PST. The conference call will be hosted by MidasTrade.com President, Jay Lee and will provide a corporate update on the company's activities. The company welcomes questions from the investment community, which may be sent via email to info@midastrade.com no later than Wednesday, October 18, 2006.
The business of MidasTrade and its wholly owned subsidiary Midas Securities has always centered on providing the Korean marketplace access to the U.S. stock and futures markets. In the last year, the company has expanded its business with the addition of U.S. access to Korean markets. This conference call will allow investors and shareholders to listen to a live update by Mr. Lee on company progress and its business plan for both Korea and the United States.
To join the Conference Call simply log on at www.vcall.com/IC/CEpage.asp?ID=110234 or call toll free 888-406-0474 or international dial in call (804)327-8491.

Acetrader bought MIDS back in August and we now own 8,700 shares at an average cost of $1.37/share. If I get a better feel for this, I will be buying more. Until then, let's hear what the management has to say on the 23rd of this month. It could bring on a positive news. Let me just tell you this:
Back in November 2004, MIDS went from $2.20 to $4.50 then during September 2005, MIDS went from $1.97 to $4.70 and during this June 2006, it went from $1.66 to $2.55. Do you see what I see? Any positive news will rocket this stock up quite a bit. And this time it will be different. MIDS will actually start to make money instead of mearly setting things up. Every portfolio needs a potential home run stock. In our portfolio, IDWD and MIDS fills this need. MIDS is second riskiest stock in our group. You decide.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does the subject have IGLD when the content is just press release from MIDS?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Dear A:

Sorry, you must have read unfinished version. Please re-check the blog. As for IGLD, I will add my thoughts soon. Until then, I am bullish on IGLD...

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jae,
I hope all is well. I appreciate your time and efforts on this blogger. I read this informative site everyday and communicate with you even if this is my first time to comment in this. As a close friend, we have been working together for a long time and I realize that you are one of the strongest men mentally and physically. I am sure you will overcome 100% the challenge you face right now. I own most of stocks you recommend and very satisfied with them. You are the portfolio manager and I owe you something big. Keep up the good work and hang tough. You will be a good example for people who are in difficulties. Let's keep in touch. Hwan

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now have 2500 qid at average price of 57.20.
I hope you are also holding on to your 2200 shares of qid.
Hope to sell them at around 60. in few days.
With best wishes.
Gus

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home