AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

IDWD news

The market seems nervous.
Why? Earnings are coming in but we all knew the earnings would be good anyway. It is already priced into the stocks. Next, a very important election is only few weeks away. Democrats want controlled trade policy as well as higher taxes. This would be definately bad for the market in general. The Republicans desparately want to have the control of the congress. This looks to be a challenge as well. When people are not sure of the outcome, chances are, stocks will fall. You do the math yourself.

Tonight I will be in the city (NYC) to enjoy concert run by various Korean artists. Top singers (se7en / Big Mama / Gummy / Lexy / Stony Skunk / BIGBANG ) will be in this concert and it will be a major treat for me. It is not everyday that Korean musicians come to the Madison Square Garden to perform. I'll fill you in later.

IDWD jumped to as high as $1.13/share today on positive news regarding the buyout. First, here's the news:

HLS to Move Forward With Acquisitions
ORLANDO, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Oct 19, 2006 -- IDS Worldwide, Inc. (Other OTC:IDWD.PK - News) was informed today that HLS Executives' meetings with their legal and banking advisors were successful. HLS has informed IDS that the financing structure for the previously announced $2.35 cash buyout of the outstanding common shares of IDS Worldwide, Inc. has been completed.
IDS and HLS, after the Eid Holiday, will release definitive details and timelines pertaining to the final closing of the transaction. Each common stockholder of IDS common shares (Other OTC:IDWD.PK - News) will receive $2.35 per share cash for each share of common stock owned. IDS majority insiders are approved to receive HLS bonds and stock for their IDS common shares.

Once again, there are many who do not believe that this will occur. That's why the stock is at $1.03 instead of $2.03/share. I have told you many times that this is a potential homerun stock. At the same time, if things don't workout, shares will fall like a rock. At this point, my 20,000 shares were bought with the house money. If you read my past notes, you will see that I have taken numerous profits from IDWD already. You read the news and decide for yourself.

Yesterday, I said that GOOG will hit new all time high this year. Guess what? GOOG is up about $37 after hours trading at $457 per share! Just yesterday, it was going for $418. Nice timing on my part...

Traders: Told you yesterday that I have shorted AXR. Today it fell over $5 per share - down 7.2%. I have covered for now - too much too soon. Good chance of bouncing up before falling again. Please understand that AXR shareholders are not used to its stock falling. They are likely to act like lemmings - follow each other to fall off a cliff one by one. Another perfect timing on my part - getting lucky too often, I must say : )

XMSR fell too hard today. I went long XMSR at $11.27/share. Will take between 2.5-3.5% and I am out. I generally do not wish to hold positions overnight in my trading account unless I have to. I normally buy between 1,000 - 3,000 shares and will leave the position if I have a minimum of $1,000 gain or higher. I call this "sniper" trading.

One bullet, one kill, I am out before you know it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo,

Hope you are keeping well. Regarding XMSR, you mentioned in your note that you are going to take a 2.5-3% gain and get out. Does that mean you are selling your XMSR stock? I got into XMSR at $13.90 and am looking at approx. 17% loss at this point.

Should i sell now and get in at a cheaper point, or hold and hope for good 4Q results?

By the way, you are definetely getting a steak dinner from me if i ever visit NYC :)

-Jo

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home