AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review of holdings: CMGI

Another round of chemo started yesterday morning.
The battle begins again. I just hope that I won't get a bad sore mouth this time. The main drug in my chemo cocktail (yes, they call it a cocktail mix of drugs) is called 5-FU and this drug targets and kills "fast growing" cells in your body. Luckily cancer cells grow more rapidly than normal cells in general but unfortunately cells in your mouth and stomach grow fast too. Oh, by the way, your hair cells grow fast too, that's why we loose hair during chemo. Anyway, my injection will last through this Wednesday - can't sleep very well.

Back to business:
First let me give you quick updates on our stocks and I also have a new player to introduce to ya. This new guy was my old time favorite but I managed to lose quite a bit of money. I feel it is time for me to get my deposit back. But updates first:

UTK: Acting nicely as per my previous writings. Dr.Gross (the CEO) directly owns 2 million shares out of about 9 million total shares (that's about 22% of the entire company). During the entire 2006, none of the insiders (including the CEO) sold any of UTK shares they owned. Another good sign. This Friday, management will host a conference call at 10am. I trust that the CEO will do whatever possible to move up the shares. Afterall, he has all of his eggs in this one basket. From my previous meetings with him, he seemed like a stright-shooter. Let's give our CEO time to do his job. He's been doing it well.

NTE: Notice how this baby keeps going up sine the meltdown? Oh I wish I had bought more at low $11 only a month ago. Remember too that the shareholders received generous cash dividend on 10/21 as well. For the 3rd quarter, revenue was up but profits were down due to intense competition. Nothing we didn't know. Wall street expected EPS of $0.23 but it delivered $0.28/share. Not bad. The pricing power squeez will continue for a while but when everything is said and done NTE will be the survivor. Try to own this for the next few years.

MATK: The company came out with the plan to restructure in order to save expenses. Business looks solid. Waiting for more food deals. It recently announced a few new smaller deals. MATK will be moving up in the coming months. Be patient.

IGLD: Fantastic business excution so far. Go back and re-read my full analysis on this one. Seems a bit extended but looks good long term. Earnings report on 11/6. I really feel that this can trade in the double digits next year. I just love the name "Internet Gold" as well as its "Smile : ) " logo. People in the Middle East is quickly getting the hang of "Internet stuff" and IGLD is in a good position to take care of its needs. Nice.

XMSR: I know it is not pleasurable to watch prices go down from your buy point but you really need to change your mind set. If you're about to sell, you want the price to be high. If you are still in the accumulation period (which I am in - I only have half a unit on this one) you want the price to fall. Does this make sense? Oh, why then didn't I wait till it falls further before buying? Because I don't have the crystal ball with me - lost it - actually, never had it. Buy things in steps unless you really like the price. Another lesson learned? XM just signed on Porche as an exclusive provider. Last night, XM also just launched new satellite code-named XM-4. Nice.

IDWD: Too many exciting things are happening with this one. Although it is the riskiest of the bunch, it also made me quite a bit of profits along the way. I am willing to hold and wait for the POP. If you own this, sell at least half whenever it reaches a double. It is so much nicer to play with the house money : )

So who's the new player?
None other than the venerable "CMGI". I will do a write up on this one soon. Don't ask me how much this used to trade at. You don't want to know. I once bought this at over $45/share! It was a steal at the time. Oh, well. So here's the what's up:
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HPQ) finally disposed of its remaining stake in CMGI Inc. According to a Form 13G/A filed on October 23rd, Hewlett-Packard no longer owns any shares of CMGI. The computer giant owned a little more than 12.1 million shares of CMGI at the end of 2005, down from about 24.5 million shares, or a 5% stake, as of June 30th, 2005. Now that the big giant has no more shares to sell, sell, sell, we only need a little buying to move the price up. And it is already moving. It just moved above the important 200-day moving average. Buy it but again, don't chase it. Acetrader will buy this soon too.

Traders: The market is trying to pull off one last bull move before falling. I've been buying QID during the daily highs and selling it with incremental profits. Now only own NDAQ (short position) in my trading protfolio. Will be buying QID again if market shows strength and take quick profit. Get out quickly in this types of markets until clear trend unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home