AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quick notes: NTE/CMGI

This is going to be quick. The chemo is doing a fine job of making me feel like a zambie. Next week is my CT scan to see how my cancer cells are doing. They better not be having a party inside.

NTE: Jumped due to better than expected earnings. Actually, I was impressed more with the +5% in revenue. When valuing companies I place more weight on growing revenue than the earnings. Why? We, the financial guys and gals can easily tweak the earnings numbers. There are many accounting ways to play around with the earnings. However, you simply can not fool with the revenue (sales) numbers. The only way for you to grow revenue is to have the people buy your stuff. And the only way for the people to buy more of your stuff than before, is to improve your stuff with better prices. This is easier said than done. NTE is doing it. Nice. Short term, NTE will likely dip a bit but longer term this looks great. In December, we will receive yet another generous cash dividend ($0.38/share) while we wait for even higher prices.

UTK: Are you satisfied with the price action the last few days? I am. So far, so good.

CMGI: The day after I place a buy order, this jumps +8%. Many big investors were thinking the same thing as I did. I placed an initial order to buy it at $1.33/share. I will be patient for now. By the way, just know that this is a dream stock for the dat traders. Expect volatility with this one.

P.S: When sending me a comment, please do so in the latest article eventhough the question is related to past articles. I do not check past comments all the time. I always read current comment section below.

PPS: Election is only 7 days away. Expect wild price movements.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AceTrader, nice work here!
mj

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home