AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The New America

The mid-term election of 2006 is now over.
Wow, what a show it was. This election will have profound effect on our lives - most people simply don't care. Americans in general do not care much about politics. Do you know why? Because we are too comfortable. People in America worry more about what's on TV tonight than who will represent us in many vital issues that effects our lives. Is this acceptable to you?

More importantly, people forget that the reason we are so comfortable is because we have so many intelligent people working hard day and night for this country. Too many of us are too quick to judge our representatives (e.g: politicians are crooks) and are only good at complaining (most people who complain, did not even vote!). I really have difficult time dealing with the uneducated, lazy, disrespecful individuals.

My view is this: If you are not going to work to better our lives, stop saying negative things about people who are working hard for the rest of us.

I have been in many leadership roles in both private and business settings. One thing is clear: those who don't work, have time to complain. Make sense?

There is a group within the Democratic party called "Blue Dogs". These are the representatives who vow to be fically responsible. The membership is growing and I really like what they stand for. This group will have the power to change our lives. Please try to keep a close tap on these guys. Oh, guess what. The #3 man (women) in America, the Speaker of the House is Ms. Nancy Pelosi. I really liked what she stand for but she showed no respect toward the President Bush publically - not cool. I expect people in those high places to show better self control than the rest of us. Maybe I am asking too much. I just hate people who show no respect.

Did you know that our Defense Secretary Mr. Rumsfeld was the youngest person to hold such position at the age of 43? He is also the oldest person to hold same position in our history under Bush. Mr. Rumsfeld just resigned his post today. Democrats controlling the house is already having an effect. It is vicious.

Bottom line: Both the stock market & I liked what we saw in the mid-term election. America will be more fiscally responsible and this is good for all of us. Long term, I remain very very bullish. We're fully invested.

Traders: I am out of QID with $1 profit per share. In these types of market, you need to have quick trades. Cisco (CSCO) earnings were good after the market close. This will have positive tug on the QQQQ at the open. I still think that $43 on the QQQQ won't hold. I will jump into QID again when QQQQ jumps up.

P.S: AUTO is close to moving in a major way soon. I hope it is on the upside. Keep an eye on this. If this falls below $0.94 - sell all. If not, this is going to $2.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jaewoo,

Hope you are keeping well.

Your yesterdays MIDS note actually took me a little by suprise (you are waiting for $0.25??) :) I'll take a big hit if it gets there. I plan to lower my cost if continues to go downwards.Pls post when you add onto position in MIDS further, if you do. I'm curious.

-Jo

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love ya, Jae, but you didn't talk about the difference between your prediction (Repubs hold the Senate) and the outcome. How will it effect the market, now that Dems are in charge in both houses? Did you hear that one of the things the Dems are going to fight for in the first 100 days is a reduction in interest rates for student loans? Sounds pretty good. Republicans keep talking about subpoena power, but Pelosi made the good point that if they would cooperate with the normal investigative "checks and balances" of the Congress, that subpoenas won't be issued. That's a laugh, though, because this administration is the most secretive in modern times. Scary, really. Are you sure you like our elected officials keeping secrets from us, especially secrets about how the nation's energy policy was crafted? Lots of questions need answering, and lots of checks and balances on the so-called "unitary executive" need to be implemented toute de suite! Yay democracy!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo-

I was thinking of taking a position in EXPEZ. I was wondering if you could tell me the difference between EXPEZ and EXPEW and the pros and cons of buying one over the other.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

EXPEZ:

Some of you must be new to my site. Regarding the EXPEW/Z, please refer to article dated 5/25, 7/13 and 7/14. Basically I have done the homework for you. Anyone buying the EXPEW at current price is not too smart. Buy EXPEZ.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home