AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, November 20, 2006

SELL: IGLD

Pardon me but I was in pain last weekend.
Actually, I was under very strong pain-killers 24 hours a day. Nowadays these pain-killers are so good that not only do they stop the pain, it actually makes you feel pretty good. Anyway, I will be meeting my new "Urologist" this Wednesday. I really hope that I will not need additional surgery. Currently, I may have problem with my left kidney. Right now, I feel like I just received a kidney-punch. You know what I mean.

Several news regarding our holdings:

IGLD: Sell at least half (50-66%) of your shares if you have near a double (more than +75%). No matter what, Sell at least 66% of your holdings when it goes above $10. Most of you need the diversification. Do not fall-in-love with these stocks. Getting near a double within a few months is simply the way to play this game : )

EXPEZ: Today's action proves why we did not get involved with EXPEW. Buy EXPEZ.
EXPE +1.5% / EXPEW -11.6% / EXPEZ +4.1% Nice ...

IDWD: My previous blog was titled "IDWD: time is near". What do you think that meant? That day, IDWD traded as low as $0.82/share. Today, it closed at $1.23 (+50%). And, no, I don't think it is over just yet! Read the news below:

HLS to Release Tender Offer for $2.35 per Share and Dividend Update
ORLANDO, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Nov 20, 2006 -- IDS Worldwide, Inc. (Other OTC:IDWD.PK - News) has set the record date for shareholders to qualify for the shares pertaining to the 995ad.com spin-off for November 30, 2006. To qualify shareholders must already own the shares or purchase the shares three trading days prior to November 30, 2006 to allow for the settlement of the trade (shareholders should note that November 23, 2006 will not count as a settlement day). IDS will determine through information provided by the company transfer agent to compile a list of shareholders who qualify for the 995ad.com spin-off as of the aforementioned record date. HLS has informed IDS that later today it will update the tender offer for $2.35 per common share of IDS and the previously issued dividend

Traders: Very successful short trade with ICE today. I also got out of FLML short position. Right at the close, I bought some QID for tomorrow. Yes, my defination of short-term in this case means "days". I try to short very liquid, very successful stock that has been streached to the upside. Therefore, most of my short candidates are very good stocks for the long-hold. Do not get confused. I only share this info with you so that you can study what I did & why I did it. If you so care.

P.S: Wait for the "Thanksgiving" special blog from me in the next few days. I will share with you how I value stocks. I will tell you what to look for. This will be a series of sorts.

PPS: Visit 995ad.com : IDWD owns it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the Thanksgiving special...hope you feel better.

Maxtrader77

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Jae,

Take good rest and eat plenty of turkey this Thanksgiving.. that ought to make you feel better :)

I am glad you are doing the Thankgiving special. I am very keen to learn more about your stock-picking skills. You continue to wow me with your 'gut' feelings.. but i am sure they is a clear method to all that you do.

For instance:
- I wonder how you find/discover stocks like IGLD?? Its not a famous company or even well known of outside Israel.
- Do you have a filter in Fidelity that you use, that you can share? (By the way, i switched to Fidelity after you recommended it).

I hope you cover some of these in your upcoming posts.

Keep well!

-Jo

1:16 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Max:

You just made me smile.
Wooo, wooo, Thanksgiving Special please!
Yes, it will be good.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home