AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Added: MIDS at $0.60/sh Sold: EXPEZ $7.72

If you recall, I have mentioned a few days ago that I predict December to be a wild swing month for stocks. 2006 so far has been a good year for stocks in general and money managers and investors are all trying to finish the year with a bang.

You should also understand the "January effect" that will influence certain stocks in the month of December of every year. Basically, any stock that fell during the year, will fall more in December because investors will want to sell it to realize the tax loss to offset the taxable gains he/she might have. This will artificially pressure stock price to fall without any regard to the value it may represent. Bottom line: Good time to pick up shares (I mean fallen shares) at discount prices.

Regular readers to my blog understand that I carry two (2) speculative stocks in my portfolio. They are IDWD and MIDS. I will comment on both tonight.

1. MIDS: Please refer to my note dated (11/7th) and read what I said. MidasTrade.com is a start up company. There is almost no information available to the general public except for the company website at http://www.midastrade.com/news2006qanda.htm . The company is in the process of hiring a public relations firm to finally start telling their story. As you know, when this happens, prices usually rise. I have done my own homework to find that its business is real, very real. I have personally talked to the principals of the major brokerage house in Korea to confirm that Midas indeed have contracts to do business with them. The firm is actually making money now. Audited financial will be provided sometime in 2007 (soon I hope). Bottom line: this was my gut pick. You simply wager your play money on this. You simply have to trust me on this. I have been slowly accumulating this and today I just added to my shares at $0.60/share. As of today Acetrader owns 30,550 shares of MIDS at $0.896 average cost. If it falls any further, I might buy one last time during December to lower my cost base. I feel that this will show its true colors in 2007. Wager only what you can afford to lose. Good luck.

2. IDWD: This baby made me so much money this year that all the shares I have (15,000 shares) are all from the profits. Prices went up during November because that was the record date for the 995ad.com dividend (spin-off). I think that some investors are selling because they are already qualified to receive the dividend shares even if they sell IDWD shares. For me, I am going to hold my shares until I hear the final news regarding the buyout at $2.35/share. Isn't it amazing that this is trading below $1 when HLS Worldwide already agreed to pay $2.35 for IDWD without the 995ad.com division? I have to witness how this unfolds. Bottom line: I am holding my shares - either a homerun or strike out.

P.S: I have sold my remaining shares of EXPEZ today as per my note yesterday. I sold it in the morning at $7.72/share which gives me a gain of +73.7%. This was a good pick. I will be jumping back in when prices are better. Busy, busy ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
Stay up the great work! You know, a lot of people are looking around for this info,
you could aid them greatly.

Here is my site aaa travel deals

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home