AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MATK: earnings good

Now that I can officially say that I have survived one year as a stage 4 colon cancer patient, I feel as though I have achieved something. You should know that many in my shoes did not make it this far. My next hurdle is making it to the end of 2007.

To most of you, this is "like" a reality show.
Actually, this-is-the reality show. I get to produce the second season for all of you. Occational comments from my audience keeps me in check. If you've been a "regular" without sending one single comment to me, shame on you. I am going to repeat this one more time: "How do I get a steak from you if I don't know who you are?" Give yourself up.

MATK just released 4th quarter earnings after the market close. As I have suspected, Martek Biosciences beat the estimated earnings (its about time). Today MATK closed at $23.36 and I think by tomorrow, the price will be close to $25/share. In addition to the shares I own in the Acetrader portfolio, I have just bought 1,000 shares in my trading account hoping that earnings would be good. I think I got it. I will be selling my trading shares tomorrow for a quick profit.

I am loosing my interest in MATK recently. Depends on how it reacts tomorrow, I might decide to issue a "sell" soon. MATK has been a slow pain in our portfolio. The management have not done their job as smoothly as I expected. In addition, I have just learned that a Korean company found DHA substitute in eggs. I will advise you more later. In the mean time, enjoy the ride.

P.S: We have sold STMP as per my last blog at $15.25/share for a small gain. I do enjoy a good fight but I do not particularly wish to fight with the U.S.Postal Services. I am out.

PPS: Our two most speculative holdings IDWD & MIDS will jump up and down with no mercy. Especially during this time (December) these will fluctuate more due to tax selling and such. Just accept the fact that these will move more than 10% on any given day with no reason. If you can not stomach such swings, get out now. One of these two can potentially go to zero. The other, can easily double to make it up though. These are wild.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see BTYH has taken another bit of a fall on what I presume was good news?

Congratulations on the 1 year mark! Hope to see you still blogging this time next year :)

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think DHA from egg will be any threat to the formula since it will need warning on the label. I don't think formula manufactures risk to go this route. I will hold on matk shares until it is at least 30.

TN

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home