AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Enjoy the gift

I live in a nice gated condominium complex in Bayside, New York. I must admit that I am very lucky to live in such a wonderful surroundings. From my bedroom window, I have the view of a beautifully lighted bridge as well as the view of an ocean (this view is worth between $50K-$100K in market value). The ocean side is less than 10 minute walk from my door.

I have the luxury of breathing the clean air (sea side) and drinking clean water (Culligan H2O filter). There is a brand new luxury bus right in front of our condo that goes stright into the heart of Manhattan ($5). I have the HD TV with video-on demand service in my bedroom and the living room. By the way, I have a good sized bedroom since we converted two bedrooms into one. One corner of my bedroom is my office - fully functional with Human-touch massage chair.

Let me put it to you this way, my morning commute is about 2 minutes (if I jump, I can make it in 3 seconds). So why am I telling you all this? First, I think many people enjoy looking into other people's lives - it is somewhat entertaining. Second, I want all of you to know that I am very happy with my life eventhough I am going through one of the most difficult chellenges anyone can endure (cancer is no joke).

I constantly receive many warm wishes from my "fans". I just want them to know that I am doing just fine. But don't get me wrong, I do need your encouragement from time to time (sometimes I cry by myself until I am too tired). I have never experienced "depression" in my whole life - including now. For me, it is hard to understand how a person can get "low" (depressed) in this beautiful life. If you can just stop for a second and take a closer look at your world (from a third person's point of view), I am sure you will find numerous things that are just too beautiful.

What did you do to deserve such a wonderful, loving parents? a child? or a lover? Really, what did you do to deserve being born in America instead of Ethiopia or Iraq? Trust me, you will have entire different set of problems if you were simply born in other places (which will make your current problem look like a child's play). I wonder why you were chosen to be so lucky? Why you?

I don't know.
Let's just enjoy the gift.
We have no time to be upset with ourselves or with each other.

Buy RICK now if you haven't yet.
Buy BTYH if you can wait for a while.
Buy MIDS if you dare.
Buy PRZ if you understand what value is.
Buy GDX if you have heard of supply/demand formular.

Don't buy the market at this point. All of the above are special situation issues.

P.S: Here's an info on MIDS from one of our readers:
http://www.allbusiness.com/finance-insurance/1183422-1.html
Thanks Jo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being kind to other people who are less fortunate than you is a good trait, too.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home