AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm baaack ...

I am safely back in USA.
The long trip has taken some toll on me and I need some rest before resuming my usual schedule. I will keep this one short. The important thing is: you now know Acetrader is back in town!

Quick short takes:

1. Before I left, we sold our QID holding after only a few days of purchase. Anyone who did not, probably felt the pain. What happened recently (QQQQ) is the reason why we decided to sell our QID. By the way, I am now getting interested in QID again. QQQQ is loosing its mojo. I smell it. We will enter into QID soon.

2. Regular readers know that I have been accumulating BTYH as it fell with no mercy. It became my second largest holding before I left for my vacation. Guess what, it is now the largest holding in our portfolio. I will be selling some to reduce the relative size. BTYH will be moving up until the end of January. Then BTYH holders will receive spin-off shares of Southland Health Services. Just as I thought ...

3. Did you notice the +55% jump in MIDS shares today? This is another stock that we have been buying as its price was falling. This is our second largest holding now. Another story unfolding just as I had expected ... buy.

4. IDWD has fallen down to $0.40 today with no news. The shares are so cheap that I just added more shares today at $0.41/share. Remember, this is our most speculative stock. Unless you have the stomach for such shares, stay away. However, if you can afford the risk, this one is a roller coaster! We now hold 30,000 shares.

5. The FCC has rejected the possibility of XMSR and SIRI merger. Both sotcks fell on the news. So, now what? Please allow me some time to study the situation. I will come back with the answer in a few days. Hold.

The market is close to the top then the bottom.
This means the "risk" is in owning stocks rather than owning cash. Fortunately, most of our holdings have low correlation with the major market averages (this is by design). Our current top three holdings: BTYH / MIDS / RICK will not be dancing with the market (this is a good thing). I expect the market to fall in the coming months. Adjust your stock holdings accordingly.

2007 will be another good year for stocks.
It will behave very similar to the 2006 (explanation will follow soon). Basically, it will make a huge " V " during the year just like in 2006. Got it?
It's good to be back : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back jae, glad you had a safe return
Ross

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back, missed your daily comentary.

George

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home